Gangplank

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bl4ck0ut13

12-31-2009

What are some good Gangplank builds that have worked for you?

Delite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-31-2009

Item Builds or Ability Builds?

Granted I just bought Gangplank yesterday, this is what has worked for me so far.

Item Builds I usually:

Trip:

1.) 200 Mana Crystal Thing + 2 Pots
2.) Crystal -> Sheen
3.) Sword of the Occult
4.) Berserker's Greaves
5.) Whatever you can afford that go into making the Infinity Edge
6.) Finish Infinity Edge
7.) Game is usually over. If not I typically go Bloodthirster just cause I hate not being able to solo a pack of minions while leading my own minions, without having to hearth back.
8.) Triforce

Granted you're still left with one slot. The one time the game did drag out this long, I never filled in the last item slot cause I voted myself Oracle *****, and bought it for the team.

Ability Builds:

1.) Parrrley
2.) Depending on what's in my lane. Usually I'll default to Raise Morale to depreive the other team of kills, but if it's an aggressive team that consist of say Morgana, a good twisted fate that can pull gold cards, etc I go remove scurvy just so I can make TF QQ about his stun "not working".
3.) Whatever you didn't take so far.

Then I prioritize. Ultimate > Parrrley > Raise Morale > Remove Scurvy.

Live4evil

12-31-2009

Get Mana crystal first then turn it into sheen then 4 Avarice blades then Boots of Swiftness then play for like 30 minutes or so then make Infinity Edge then Atmas Impaler and other cool stuff selling Avarice blades.

Micar

12-31-2009

I start with Meki Pendant for regen (parrley spamming).
Then turn it into philosophers stone (hp and mp regen and 10gold per 5)
Then an avarice blade. (crit for parrley and more gold)
Then another avarice blade. (more crit, more gold)
Then infinity Edge (mega crit and damage).

With parrrley and all the passive gold you get its not too hard to farm up items like Bloodthirster and that Blackcleave one (i forget its name, stacks an armor debuff).

Its normally like that but game ends around Infinity/Bloodthirster.

For abilities its parrrley and ultimate whenever you can, i like to have 2 levels in scurvy for the cleanse and a minor heal before getting raise moral which is GREAT at taking down towers and inhibitors.

Micar

12-31-2009

Oh and btw parrrley will do dismal damage normally but a crit can take a squishy down to half health.

Tahotai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-31-2009

Ability Build:

Parrlrey is your bread and butter skill, you're trying to get it up to level 5 as fast as possible and only bumping your ult before it. Remove Scurvy and Raise Morale are trickier. I prefer to level them both evenly. If the enemy team has a lot of stuns/disables I'll make RS a bit higher priority.

Runes, Masteries & Summoner Spells

Get crit damage runes for late game damage, get crit runes for early game damage, grab some cooldown reduction if you feel like it.

Gangplank does best with offensive masteries

Let your preference guide you. Exhaust is useful since you lack a natural slow.

Item build:

Gangplank offers a number of different item builds.

The first item you get will be to help with your early game mana, you'll find it a bit taxed as you try to spam parrley to harass champions and last hit creeps.

Faerie Charm + Rejuvenation Bead building to a Haunting Guise
Meki Pendant + 2 pots building to a Philosopher's Stone

Try out both and see which one you prefer early game.

Boots should be your next item. Sorcerer's Shoes will make your parrley hit harder, Berserker's Greaves increase your attack speed. I'm a fan of the greaves myself.

Now you have the smaller item bridge. This is the bridge to making your Infinity Edge.

The Avarice Blade build gets two Avarice blades for the crit and for the gold. If you find you're having trouble last hitting or you don't forsee a great deal of hero kills in your future, this can help.

The Sword of Occult is good if you do forsee a number of hero kills in your future.

Sheen is good because it make parrley hit harder and can build towards a triforce late game.

Executioner's calling is good for cheap lifesteal and crit and for being able to apply the healing debuff with parrrley. (Whether the debuff stacks with Gangplanks passive or not I'm not sure)

Then you get to the holy grail of DPS, the Infinity Edge. Both the crit cape and the BF Sword are very noticeable upgrades to your damage. Once you have Infinity Edge, don't be surprised if the game ends before you can get another item. But if it keeps on going any of the big expensive items are good choices. Trinity Force, Bloodthirster, Phantom Dancer, Black Cleaver will all help you be the carry of the team.

Gaeb

12-31-2009

I prefer sorc shoes over berserkers ... I like my parrley's to do more damage =P

Stormsoul

01-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaeb View Post
I prefer sorc shoes over berserkers ... I like my parrley's to do more damage =P
Same, when i first tried haunting guise/sorc shoes build on gangplank i was a bit skeptical but i think it's really great. I usually go HG -> boots 1 -> sheen -> sorc shoes - > infinity edge then triforce and atmas if i can. Works great.

Fbsunny

01-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormsoul View Post
Same, when i first tried haunting guise/sorc shoes build on gangplank i was a bit skeptical but i think it's really great. I usually go HG -> boots 1 -> sheen -> sorc shoes - > infinity edge then triforce and atmas if i can. Works great.
I do the same except after the infinity edge I get executioner's calling, then phantom dancer. Having 70+% crit really makes parrrley a weapon to be feared. You crit over 1k (with infinity edge as your only +damage item other then sheen) with it, every 6s, easily killing non tanks in 2 hits.
Also this build makes your ult much more effective, you can get lucky and kill champions at half health with it.

Basilisk9466

01-01-2010

Boots of swiftness! Combined with Raise Morale and Phantom Dancer, he's incredibly mobile. Back in my Gangplank days, I played him as an incredibly mobile pain in the rear, pushing towers and ganking players here there and everywhere. He's got enough speed and damage potential that he's ideal for keeping the enemy team off balance, never knowing where to go. You just had to make sure you didn't stick around in one place for too long, then pop up again somewhere unexpected.

Strange as it sounds, I often got Executioner's Calling as well. The unique isn't as useful as on most chars since Gang has it more or less built-in, but it's got decent crit and decent lifesteal for a bit more survivability. Executioner's, Phantom Dancer and Infinity Edge were my goals, usually, in more or less that order.