[Guide] Tristana - BOOM HEADSHOT!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Leirkov

06-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovemberTen View Post
Doran's Blade is the best starting item IMO. It gives 120hp + 6dmg + 4%LS. It's very useful when trading early blows against enemy mid. The added 120hp + 97hp in quints will make Tristana not so squishy.

Wrong. Doran's Shield is better, you focus on last hitting, so you aren't going to be sitting there stealing life from people. Doran's Shield allows you to regen over 15 HP/5.

For item build. I usually rush IE as my 1st getting the critical cape last of the 3 items. Anyone who doesn't get mercury threads is silly. +25 m.resist and reduces the time of CCs. Unless the other team is DPS heavy with little CC then I will get Ninja Tabi. As for my 2nd item, it all depends on the other team comp. If they are armor heavy, I will get Last Whisper. If they stack HP, I will get Madred's. If they are mostly squishies, I will get Zeal. Majority of the games, it will most likely be Last Whisper.
3rd Item can be Bloodthrister/Banshee's depending on the situation of the game.

Boots, yes. Just rush IE and Bloodthirster, they are your money items. Other than that items like Zeal/Phantom Dancer are ****. Madred's Bloodrazor is a good item as well, along with Black Cleaver and such.

Summoner spells. Cleanse + Ignite. Can't go wrong with these 2.

Indeed.

Skill build. E - W - E - Q - E - R then prioritize R - E - Q - W

Yep.

If top and/or bot are mia when the first wave of minions start clashing, I will get W first just in case they might gank mid.

Nah.

Never buy wards/oracles unless near end game where you have all of your core items and have alot of extra gold. Tristana is a hard-carry/very item dependant and she needs all the gold she has to buy dps items. Wards/oracles are tanks/supports's job. Grab a green elixer whenever u think a team fight will soon occur.

Wards are a key part of the game and because Tristana is such a good farmer she can afford wards.. though I don't see why you'd buy an Oracle unless you plan on going 25-0-10. I'm not against wards on Tristana. I believe in only using Red Elixirs but Green could be useful as well.
^ Opinion on his advice but he's got a pretty good idea on Trist.

NovemberTen

06-12-2010

Doran's shield is even worse than Vamp Scepter. Of course you will be last hitting but you will also auto-attack whenever possible thats where the Life steal comes in handy from the Doran's blade. Auto atking allows you to push them to their towers, letting your minions occasionly hit them + their tower will deny them of gold/last hitting. You will be more likely to be ganked, just play defensive a bit and dont use your rocket jump when your team calls mias, save your rocket jump + cleanse and you will never die even if you do get ganked by 1 or 2 others.

Why nah on getting W first if top/bot are mia.. Reason?

She is a good farmer but her gold should be going towards her DPS items. 90g + 90g + 90g + 90g +150 if invisible ward can put you back an item + hp pots. Tristana rarely has any leftover gold after buying her items + hp pots anyways..

P.S ALWAYS GET LIZARD BUFF WHENEVER YOU CAN ESPECIALLY IF TEAM FIGHT IS NEARING. It makes such a big difference on the outcome of the team fights/getting kills.

vulpixel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobiusMaximus View Post
I think there's too much emphasis on attack speed. Rapid Fire gives enough attack speed that you don't need to focus so much on it....My preferred build is;...Berserkers...Phantom Dancer...Starks or Malady.
Did I miss something?

Miserable Failure_

Banned

06-13-2010

Quote:
Doran's shield is even worse than Vamp Scepter. Of course you will be last hitting but you will also auto-attack whenever possible thats where the Life steal comes in handy from the Doran's blade. Auto atking allows you to push them to their towers, letting your minions occasionly hit them + their tower will deny them of gold/last hitting. You will be more likely to be ganked, just play defensive a bit and dont use your rocket jump when your team calls mias, save your rocket jump + cleanse and you will never die even if you do get ganked by.

Dorans blade is only good if you aren't against a better harasser. If you are going to be up against karthus, shield is far better. Also being forced to auto attack for lane presence is noob. Pushing the lane means you can't get a gank on the enemies mid. If you are taking blade for anything other than the health and +dmg you're doing it wrong. If you will need regen, take the shield.

Leirkov

06-13-2010

Quote:
Doran's shield is even worse than Vamp Scepter. Of course you will be last hitting but you will also auto-attack whenever possible thats where the Life steal comes in handy from the Doran's blade. Auto atking allows you to push them to their towers, letting your minions occasionly hit them + their tower will deny them of gold/last hitting. You will be more likely to be ganked, just play defensive a bit and dont use your rocket jump when your team calls mias, save your rocket jump + cleanse and you will never die even if you do get ganked by 1 or 2 others.

Why nah on getting W first if top/bot are mia.. Reason?

She is a good farmer but her gold should be going towards her DPS items. 90g + 90g + 90g + 90g +150 if invisible ward can put you back an item + hp pots. Tristana rarely has any leftover gold after buying her items + hp pots anyways..

P.S ALWAYS GET LIZARD BUFF WHENEVER YOU CAN ESPECIALLY IF TEAM FIGHT IS NEARING. It makes such a big difference on the outcome of the team fights/getting kills.
1. You focus on last hitting, not auto attacking. You recover more over five seconds than last hits from Blade.
2. No, explosive shot pushes them to the tower. Seriously, 100+ AoE damage? That's better than what some champions are capable of doing.
3. If they're mia from the top them you keep them from moving and then they get bored and have just been denied gold and EXP, they just wasted a lot of time. If they're going to gank you and you're aware of it then don't be stupid.
4. I spend 180g on wards the most at one time. Seriously, if you buy items flat and you have 0 gold left, good for you but for the most part I have ~200 gold left so I'll just invest in a ward. It's for the team and everything you do should be benefitting the team.

PS: Both of the buffs are crucial to Tristana's success in a team fight, IMO.

EDIT: Most people forget Tristana seems to have the best freaking range in the game. So she can take control of the lane with ease by harassing the enemy champion...

OLI HC

06-13-2010

what do you say if buster shot doesnt kill but pushes the guy to safety? cause thats what happens most of the time, buster shot isnt an execution move you know.

brokenglasses123

06-13-2010

I like the title =)

Leirkov

06-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLI HC View Post
what do you say if buster shot doesnt kill but pushes the guy to safety? cause thats what happens most of the time, buster shot isnt an execution move you know.
Look at how much damage it does. Look at how much HP the enemy has.

Is explosive shot / ignite on them? If yes, read on.
Can you auto attack them for a good amount of damage? If yes, read on.
Is the damage from Buster enough to kill them? If yes, read on.
USE IT.

Seriously, if you're in a teamfight, they're about to die, just ****ing use Buster. You get a kill out of it. If you use it 1v1 you better be sure it ****ing kills them or you're stupid. It all comes down to knowledge and your ability to guess with factoring in magic resist.

NovemberTen

06-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leirkov View Post
1. You focus on last hitting, not auto attacking. You recover more over five seconds than last hits from Blade.
2. No, explosive shot pushes them to the tower. Seriously, 100+ AoE damage? That's better than what some champions are capable of doing.
3. If they're mia from the top them you keep them from moving and then they get bored and have just been denied gold and EXP, they just wasted a lot of time. If they're going to gank you and you're aware of it then don't be stupid.
4. I spend 180g on wards the most at one time. Seriously, if you buy items flat and you have 0 gold left, good for you but for the most part I have ~200 gold left so I'll just invest in a ward. It's for the team and everything you do should be benefitting the team.

PS: Both of the buffs are crucial to Tristana's success in a team fight, IMO.

EDIT: Most people forget Tristana seems to have the best freaking range in the game. So she can take control of the lane with ease by harassing the enemy champion...

1. Of course u focus on last hitting, but you also should auto atk like reasons i stated above. It allows you to push their tower and deny them of gold.
2. Explosive only helps push if you auto atk as well.
3. I am talking about the very 1st wave.. you are not 100% sure they are ganking mid just because they are mia. they can be doing golem /lizard, are you just going to stay back near your tower and let the enemy mid be ahead in gold/Exp?
4. That 200 gold can almost buy you a green elixer that you bought the wards with. Just leave the warding to those who are in charge of ward duty. It's a team game. They will do what's best for the team/winning.

PS: Tristana does not even need the blue buff. Her spells all have high CD that it doesn't even make a big difference. As for mana, you should have mana reg for your blue runes anyways so it shouldn't be a problem. Blue buff would be alot more useful on someone else on your team.

Miserable Failure_

Banned

06-13-2010

Auto attacking doesn't deny them gold. Last hitting at the tower is easy. All you are doing is hanging out there to get ganked, and denying your own team the chance to gank the other team's mid.