Kassadin help.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tragyk

06-15-2010

I am currently playing Kass, one of my favorite champions. However, it seems that late game his ability to take people down is significantly decreased due to the large pools of health people have. My item build usually is-

Archangel's staff
Sorc boots
RoA
Zhonya's
Tri force
Void Staff

Most games end around completing Zhonya's, but even if I do finish, my build never seems to have enough power to kill people. Recently I have been expirimenting with Riftwalking with high high stacks. This barely leaves me with enough mana to do my spells, and none to get away. I use flash and clairvoyance for my summoner spells. I'm curious as to what you guys think I should do.

TL;DR: Items, riftwalk issues, damage issues.

Fluffy1

06-15-2010

kass is a chaser assassin, he shouldnt be trying to kill people from full, try hit and run till they are blow half, the move for the kill. in team battes wait for the nukes to flay then jump in and burst your AOE all over then.

Tragyk

06-15-2010

Okay, any help for riftwalking then?

peyo

06-15-2010

why the hell do you have TriForce? o_O Take Lich Bane all the way!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC08sRgwf-c
check this... I really liked the moves he does

eSSentialplays

06-15-2010

I wrote a guide specifically for a Rift-walk based play-style. It may not be what you're looking for, as you seem to be focused on the heavy AP Glass-adin style, but I figured I'd offer some input to help you have fun playing anyway. =)

Kassadin the Rift-walker

Empyron

06-15-2010

So your problem is killing people with large health pools yet you don't have deathfire grasp as part of your build. Problem solved. I usually go Catalyst, Mejai's, Boots, Tear, DFG, Catalyst to Banshee's Veil. Then, Archangel's if you want and Zhonya'.s

gzboli

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-15-2010

Something to consider is dropping +mana items, replacing them with Clarity. The idea is Kass only needs extra mana during team fights and Clarity provides that. This frees you up to buy AP, CDR, Health, MPen (Mejai, DFG, Rylai, mask). Mana is a nice stat but it doesn't make people dead.

An early-game item strategy is to buy a survival item + boots (like sorc boots + Giant's Belt), and buy an Elixir of Brilliance until you can afford Mejai or some blasting rods. (save the elixir for team fights).

Tragyk

06-15-2010

Okay thanks for all the help!

JonnyThinkChamp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-15-2010

Serious lack of MagPen and DFG.

Sorcs
Guise
DFG
Arch
Arch
Arch

Problems solved.

VileBlade

06-15-2010

I loooove Kass, too.

So I agree with gzboli. Drop them +mana items. Especially if you're playing AP Kass (a.k.a. "Glass Kannon Kass"), mana shouldn't be an issue. Your goal is blowing people the eff up in the span of 2-4 spells.

My past builds:

Rush RoA (amazing Kass item, gives some nice survivability with the mana + ap)
Sorc boots
Meija's (a must, especially if you're owning early)
Zonya's

From there, I go one of two ways. With an AP-based TEAM (2+ more AP heroes):

Abyssal Scepter
Will of somethingsomethingsomething (that new item that gives +80 AP, and +30 AP/+12% spell vamp aura)

If you're one of the only facemelters on the team:

DFG
Void Staff

Or, finally, if you're against a viciously damage-oriented team, or they just hate your nuke-dropping guts:

Rylai's (the extra slow off your Null Sphere makes for an easy escape)
Abyssal Scepter (if enemy team is AP based. Helps ignore MORE magic damage, and gives you some firepower)
Banshee's (Always an option)

So yeah. Just some thought.

ALWAYS REMEMBER!!!!!!! Kassadin is an assassin/chaser. Let your team engage, wait for the nukes to drop. Go for the squishiest of the squishies, the more caster-oriented, the better. There's no reason you shouldn't be doing almost 1500 damage in less than 3 seconds with your three spells.

Blow some faces up.