Offensive runes favour AP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

vventuss

12-29-2012

I'm only just starting to get to the stage where rune investement is worth it. Looking at my options, it seems that and AP rune page has the ability to be more offensive through AP + magic pen. but an AD rune page can only choose between AD or armour pen. Do most AP characters go for both of these or put on Magic resist?

Cheers

Leaver

12-29-2012

AD carries generally run either armor pen or flat AD reds and flat AD quints

AP carries generally run magic pen reds and flat AP quints, they sometimes run scaling AP blues or yellows

I'm not really sure what you're asking

vventuss

12-29-2012

Yeah sorry it's a bit unclear looking back.

I'm asking whether an standard (non-support) AP champ uses both it's reds and blues for offense (as opposed to blues for magic resist) where an AD champ has no choice and can only use reds for offense.

Xtreme2252

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-29-2012

I don't think it's offensive at all. They're just runes.

Leaver

12-29-2012

you generally run flat mr blues and then you run mana regen yellows or ap per level yellows depending on how your champions mana issues are

LOGTEETH

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by vventuss View Post
Yeah sorry it's a bit unclear looking back.

I'm asking whether an standard (non-support) AP champ uses both it's reds and blues for offense (as opposed to blues for magic resist) where an AD champ has no choice and can only use reds for offense.
Assuming I'm against another AP, I typically take flat MR blues. It ends up helping me trade more favorable than AP would in most matchups. (They, however, do nothing against Talon/Panth. Watch out for Talon/Panth.)