Cho'gath ap or tank?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

brainlizard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-31-2010

Whoever said cho doesn't want CDR is silly. Cho LOVES CDR. It's his main offensive stat.

-AP Cho makes little sense: his main 2 abilities are used primarily for their secondary effects, not the damage.
-All defense Cho makes little sense either: you're counting on them attacking you for no reason.
-CDR Cho actually maximizes his contribution to the fight (more ruptures and screams), and can replenish his stacks far faster with feast. Furthermore, you get huge CDR from an awesome aura item: Frozen Heart.

Most every tank wants max CDR so they can get as many taunts/stuns/slows off in a fight as possible. Cho is no different.

Get your 40% CDR, then build counters to the enemy team.

USS BUTTPEE

12-31-2010

Something fun is, if for whatever reason you have two melee on the other team in your lane, is to pump rupture instead of scream. Then, watch your own creeps, whenever they go in for last hits, or one or two get low, put rupture around them.

It's hilarious.

Cenerae

12-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainlizard View Post
Whoever said cho doesn't want CDR is silly. Cho LOVES CDR. It's his main offensive stat.

-AP Cho makes little sense: his main 2 abilities are used primarily for their secondary effects, not the damage.
-All defense Cho makes little sense either: you're counting on them attacking you for no reason.
-CDR Cho actually maximizes his contribution to the fight (more ruptures and screams), and can replenish his stacks far faster with feast. Furthermore, you get huge CDR from an awesome aura item: Frozen Heart.

Most every tank wants max CDR so they can get as many taunts/stuns/slows off in a fight as possible. Cho is no different.

Get your 40% CDR, then build counters to the enemy team.
Finally, someone else who realises how awesome tanky CDR Cho is.

Clyton

12-31-2010

Besides, I wouldn't recommend going full Tanky Cho. Champs like Kog'Maw and Garen's ult can demolish him.

I played a game today with Garen against a fully feasted stack Cho'Gath. I was able to kill him with my ult when he had almost half his HP left.

ForeverLaxx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperfect Limit View Post
Besides, I wouldn't recommend going full Tanky Cho. Champs like Kog'Maw and Garen's ult can demolish him.

I played a game today with Garen against a fully feasted stack Cho'Gath. I was able to kill him with my ult when he had almost half his HP left.
Tends to happen when you don't have resists.

Doriantv

12-31-2010

AP Cho: viable.

Pure HP-stacking Cho: stupid

Tanky Cho with CDR: best build

Clyton

12-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverLaxx View Post
Tends to happen when you don't have resists.
Actually, I had MPen in that game, so, Cho's magic resist didn't have anything to do in that attack. =)