Cho'gath ap or tank?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nikkone

12-30-2010

Whenever I play as Cho'Gath in a public game, people expect me to tank 100% of the time. They yell at me to start team fights and I always reply "I''m not the tank". They would end up calling me a ****** for not playing Cho'Gath as a tank. I try to tell them that AP is good for Cho'Gath, but now I'm starting to question AP for him. Should I just start building him as a tank or stick with AP?

PineapplePine

12-30-2010

It really depends on your team, if your team has another tank then you can tell them you're an off-tank and you'll be building AP. You'll be tanky but by no means a tank. If your team has no other tank at all, then you should reconsidering building AP, since you'll be possibly screwing yourself and your team over. Of course there are exceptions where sometimes the two teams don't need a tank at all.

Last but not least, people should seriously look at their team mates' build before telling them to do something. Well people should look at everyone's build to see what they are building. Say for whatever reason you have a Malphite on your team and he decided to go DPS and stack Zeals. If anyone on the team ask that Malphite to go tank and initiate, well anyone who asked Malphite to do that is just asking Malphite to feed.

HMS BUTTPEE

12-30-2010

Who is the ****ing ****** who downvoted Pineapple, that was incredibly solid advice.

AP is very good on Cho'Gath. So is tank, it all depends on your team comp. That being said, I prefer AP on him.

Carados

12-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyyyyyy View Post
Who is the ****ing ****** who downvoted Pineapple, that was incredibly solid advice.
"Off-tank" is not a thing in League of Legends, it's ****ing terrible advice.

There is no taunt rotations or adds to pick up. "Off-tank" means you do what? (A role is what you do. Being hard to kill isn't a role. Calling something hard to kill a tank or an off-tank is just spreading bad misconceptions people already have.)

CroakerX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-30-2010

I just don't see AP Cho as viable considering he can be one of the best tanks in the game and only mediocre as a mage. Mid Cho makes for amazing tanks, build a Warmog's first and kill whoever tries to gank you in the early game. Prioritize vorpal spines so you can kill every minion every wave using little or no mana. You should get the turret down quite fast, and with the amount of feeding off minions you've done you'll be able to buy Guardian Angel and be almost unkillable. Then a Thornmail, or Force of Nature. (for boots almost always go mercurys.)

People doubt the solo mid cho, but often he ends up at about 8/0/8. By the end of the game, if you play well, people will be singing your praises and your hometown will hold a parade in your honor.

Ephemeralis

12-30-2010

i've never understood tanky cho

why do it aside from feast giving you a ****ton of health to begin with? he has a lot of CC yes, but nothing that is instantaneous enough to make the enemy team want to kill you first.

ForeverLaxx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
"Off-tank" is not a thing in League of Legends, it's ****ing terrible advice.

There is no taunt rotations or adds to pick up. "Off-tank" means you do what? (A role is what you do. Being hard to kill isn't a role. Calling something hard to kill a tank or an off-tank is just spreading bad misconceptions people already have.)
"Off-tank" is a terrible word to use with regards to how this game works, but the rest of his post is pretty solid.

HMS BUTTPEE

12-30-2010

Quote:
I just don't see AP Cho as viable considering he can be one of the best tanks in the game and only mediocre as a mage
Actually he's nowhere near one of the best tanks in the game. Shen, Rammus, Alistar, Malphite, Amumu, Udyr, and **** even Singed are better at tanking.

Also don't get Warmog's on Cho. Get Soul Shroud, you benefit much more from the CDR and Mana Regen than you do from the straight health. Then get FoN, Banshees, Randuin's, or Frozen Heart. A rule of thumb on tanks, if you break 3K health, start building resists.

My tank Cho build is a bit weird though, I rush Chalice of Harmony + Merc Treads and Glacial Shroud. That way I have 100 MR and Armor with my runes and masteries, then I build Soul Shroud to get all the health I need for the rest of the game. Then I build bigger defensive items.

CroakerX

12-30-2010

You need no Mana Regen. Ever. CDR is good, but unnecessary. Banshee's shield is pointless on straight tanks since you'll be absorbing 15 spells, not one. With Cho Warmogs is amazing because of his minion farming, even though it's not optimal with the amount of health he already has.

HMS BUTTPEE

12-30-2010

Quote:
You need no Mana Regen. Ever.
Really? I must be doing something wrong then.

Too many ruptures or something.

:V

IF KEEP RUPTURING I'LL GO BLIND