Sword of the Divine on Jax?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dyrus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

01-06-2010

don't use malady. although it could be underrated but nobody ever uses it.

Squirrel Lord

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-06-2010

I've always wanted to try this. Between Sword of the Divine and Jax's ult, that would be a lot of extra damage coming in.

What do people think of this?

Regrowth Pendant
Ninja Tabi
Phage
Phantom Dancer
Sword of the Divine
Phage -> Frozen Mallet

Dyrus

Senior Recruiter

01-06-2010

then what do you do with the pendant. I honestly don't think leaving around a pendant is a good idea. if you aren't going to make anything of it, be like me and grab a dorans shield. cheaper and more effective then a growth pendant.

Squirrel Lord

Recruiter

01-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyrus View Post
then what do you do with the pendant. I honestly don't think leaving around a pendant is a good idea. if you aren't going to make anything of it, be like me and grab a dorans shield. cheaper and more effective then a growth pendant.
I don't know, actually. The pendant was suggestion from I guide I read, and I never changed it. I'll try the shield.

UrQuan

01-06-2010

Side note

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordinfamous View Post
what does a junior member have to do with how long he has played ive been here since early closed beta and im still a junior member.
Member status on the forums only pertain to posting on the forums. I believe its closely tied to forums activity and not your in-game account

Necrax

01-07-2010

i already promoted sword of divine in another jax thread. it is a good choice imho because it synergizes well with relentless assault and provides awesome attack speed for the money. only malady can comepte with this.

activation for armor penetration is not too bad against tank either. the sword is a no brainer against a mirror jax.

i can't see any disadvantage in this item and i often use it as my first main after boots.

notliam

Recruiter

01-07-2010

Trinity Force is ****ed expensive and too vague to be much benefit. Berzerkers give a great cheap boost to attack speed but Ninja Tabi is absolutely perfect for Jax and it'd be foolish to not get them.

Rageblade is perfect for Jax because you're going to be wanting to hit people in succession anyway, and it means when your ult goes off it does slightly more damage from the AP increase per hit (and the AP and attack it gives are pretty good for the cost). Brutaliser is a really decent item to get early on - it may not be up to much in the late game, but the extra 27 attack it gives, as well as 15 armor penetration and cooldown reduction, you can't go wrong for the price.

Since you're going to want to get phantom dancer (dodge + attack speed + crit + move speed? best item in the game especially for jax), infinitys edge looks very promising.. you're gonna be critting quite a bit thanks to your nice attack speed, and increasing that chance as well as the amount you deal sounds fantastic, but it's 4000 gold. That is ****ed expensive. If you want a damage item I suggest Last Whisper. Only gives 20 attack (~23 to Jax) but the armor pen means you're going to do a lot more damage than you would do otherwise, as well as nice attack speed.

Malady is nice - cheap, easy to build and great effects.. if you're going to get that, get it earlyish. Phage is a good item to put in there too, especially because it makes your ult even better and it's cheap as chips.

There are too many items that are perfect for jax, but really.. everything has it's use - he is the best char to build damage on, great for attack speed, ability power..