Beginners Phrases and Acronyms in LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Raquar

08-16-2010

Something to consider adding is deeps - which also refers to dps and is coined from simply pronouncing dps as a word instead of the individual letters.

NiNja Bo

09-24-2010

someone asked on Duvious' original posting to give the definition of "toggle" he said it was added, but i couldnt find it and dont see it on Encased's posting. Im not a major noob, but close enough to one that I haven't the foggiest to what that means.

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

09-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiNja Bo View Post
someone asked on Duvious' original posting to give the definition of "toggle" he said it was added, but i couldnt find it and dont see it on Encased's posting. Im not a major noob, but close enough to one that I haven't the foggiest to what that means.
Its an ability you can turn on or off, not just hit to activate, like singed's poison, tarics ult, sions glowing axe

shinrational

11-01-2010

what does 'nerf' or 'nerfed' mean? I hear it all the time!

thanks!

Ceazy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinrational View Post
what does 'nerf' or 'nerfed' mean? I hear it all the time!

thanks!
Means that a champion, item, etc., had changes made to it that made them not as good. :P

shinrational

11-01-2010

thanks Ceazy! ^^

Politburo

11-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozrael View Post
Excellent!

You might want to make a 'esoteric' category, for some that are really rarely used (pbaoe? May be used in other games but I've never seen/heard it used in LoL, even if it applies). Or maybe you're just removing those, idk.

Fantastic job on those, this will make it much more useful!
pbaoe = Point Blank AoE

essentially all autocast on select spells and a couple targeted ones that are guaranteed to be right in front of you, like Tantrum or Pulverize or whatever Annie's cone one's called

also add Facecheck to the list

Facecheck = to check inside a spinning whirlwind of steel with your face

KevinPJH

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

11-05-2010

Whats the Riot Vent server details?

xPinduli

Recruiter

12-14-2010

you should add what AS, AD , and Hybrid etc. means

Yizus Christal

12-14-2010

If you're new to the game and spout out any acronyms at anyone, nah you shouldn't know.