Beginners Phrases and Acronyms in LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Seltenspieler

03-08-2010

I knew it would be worth a facepalm when i finally read what FB might stand for >.< First blood makes perfect sense and i even wrote first blood like 10minutes ago myself...

So AD refers to the attack damage your auto attack does?

Tonnes of Dmg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-09-2010

Thanks.

I had no idea what CC meant.

Dunk King

03-19-2010

what about 'clutch'?

StuffedTigga

03-19-2010

forgot troll.

what do you call someone who can solo Baron?

StuffedTigga

03-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by xorc View Post
what about 'clutch'?
you ended up killing 2 or more champions.

Well people usually use this in FPS games so not sure what they ment in LoL. Maybe killing everyone?

dYCz6lcXvHgw3EQf

03-19-2010

A few additions:

b - seems to have two meanings: 'back' (as in 'retreat') and 'I'm blue pilling'.
brb - going to town and immediately coming back to the lane, with or without teleport; means 'I'll be right back'.
faceroll - to mash all of your spell hotkeys in a short amount of time. Cfr: Ryze.
gank - this is only used when you initiate a battle with an enemy player who is not willing to fight right now, on your terms, when you have an obvious advantage. Team fights are not ganks.
oracle - the Oracle Elixir, which grants you invisibility detection when active until you die.
ping - alt-click on the minimap to make a radar circle appear to inform your team to either go there or stay away.
qd, dodge - queue dodging: quitting during champion select so you get a time penalty and everyone else is dropped into the matchmaking queue again. The point is to avoid having to play with a team that is obviously failing.
to jungle - as a verb, to start the game by killing neutral camps in the jungle instead of laning. This results in a 1v2 lane and faster experience for your (would be) lane partner, while you get faster experience as well. The drawback is that the solo lane may get ganked. Only a few heroes can jungle fast enough to make it worth it, notably Warwick and Fiddlesticks because they have life steal.
snare = root - a spell that locks an enemy in place, but does not prevent him from using abilities or attacking. Example: Morgana's dark binding.
to turtle - to defend excessively without ever attacking. This is usually to stall for time (while farming) or to drag out a loss.
unique - should clarify that this is about items: some modifiers on some items are unique to prevent players from stacking the same item 6 times.
ward - a thing you can buy and place on the ground to gain vision of the area even after you've left. The more expensive type also reveals invisible heroes.

isolatedpurity

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2010

inc = incoming
Usually followed with a ping path showing how.

Not Figgis

03-19-2010

Good thorough guide. Gj m8

RatBoweR

03-19-2010

ns = Nice Shot
fat = well fed

Nokturnol

03-19-2010

Kite means to slow an enemy down and shoot them from a distance so they can't hit you. I.E. Twitch using debilitating poison to kite melee enemies.

The term you described is more like Pulling, Training or Baiting, but training refers to NPC's and Baiting is for players. While pulling isn't really used much besides referring to everyone's favorite Robot.