Why do we do reworks?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hellioning

01-16-2014

How do you prioritize champions for kit reworks? Like, Skarner and Xerath are before Poppy and Soraka; why?

lightdragoon88

01-16-2014

Does it still surprise you how passionate and attach people are to the old works whenever you announce a VU/Rework?

Zastie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
Focus a character into a more unique role - If the opportunity is available, we would like for all characters to bring unique value and gameplay to their team.
Bro you made a typo, lemmie fix that for ya.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
Force a character into a specific role - If the opportunity is available, we would like for all characters to stay in one role.

Fuzen kuden

01-16-2014

CertainlyT when shacos rework comes around can you lead it? you see to have a grip on how assassins should be >.> i only ask this due to the fact that if shaco is ever made strong in his current state (power creep) he will get eve'd worse then eve has

Dotislav Pro

01-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerminalVeloc1ty View Post
Speak for yourself! I love the new karma, and she's even picked in high level games! Karma is a great choice, it's just that she's ntohing like the karma you were probably used to. But karma has a clear identity now
Most of the old Karma playerbase disliked it!

I did not like rework, i refunded karma after rework, it was nothing like old karma and it is basically a new champion.

OctaSteve

01-16-2014

With League of Legends being a "constantly evolving" game; is it possible that Champion reworks will always be on the list?

Also, with so many Champions currently available, will this Season favor reworks over new Chamions?

kdHuCoB8S3

01-16-2014

I'm dying to see Shaco's and Poppy's rework.

Deceive most likely removed
Diplomatic immunity removed

Yet they will still keep the same names! A rework should never destroy a champion's identity, no matter how "antifun" their design might be.

DragonTroopBeta

01-16-2014

Still waiting for that Sion remake...

AnonTwo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellioning View Post
How do you prioritize champions for kit reworks? Like, Skarner and Xerath are before Poppy and Soraka; why?

Skarner actually has huge support

Xerath i think is just cause, lyk, cool.

Poppy is ignored because she's a landmine. Passionate fanbase (many of which would rather no rework to being competitive), while also being a tough one to do, and pretty much requiring a VU.

Soraka because her concept as a whole is hated by Riot, meaning a new kit would likely be like Old karma to new.

Solanar

01-16-2014

How do you prioritize champions getting a rework/visual update?
Will Evelynn see a visual update this year?