Why do we do reworks?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rastamon Ganja

01-16-2014

@RiotScruffy I am so glad you did this thread! Do you have any news on the Rengar rework? Scarizard posted on the 'A Wild Knifecat Appears' thread that he would create a new thread with updates next week on 12-11-2013. That was more then a month ago and we still have not gotten any news or updates. Thanks!

Edit: nvm someone already asked this.

LastProtagonist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2014

How do you guys propose to rework Soraka into not introducing toxic elements of play?

I think if Soraka were rearranged to fall into more of a tanky/martyr role (which appeals to current Soraka players) she would be more accessible to a broader playerbase.

By changing her Q to make her share her health amongst her allies there would be more incentive for her to keep building tanky and more of an incentive for enemies to focus her.

Maybe also increase her passive hp regen after you cast a healing ability to help compensate for the lost hp. Of course, this may cause some reworking of her E, and most definitely her Q to make her more of a priority target.

Rivini

01-16-2014

May I ask if Lulu's cheek reduction surgery has been scheduled yet?

Reference: http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=3498691

Also, is there anything planned for Veigar at all (art, gameplay, etc.)?

Smited Your Mom

01-16-2014

What about the Fiora rework?

medulla00

01-16-2014

I really like the new paradigm of scaling the utility of support instead of scaling damage. It's like you are saying 'supports must bring utility and we are removing damage to increase their utility". I love that. But after trying supports I feel that right now they're really underwhelming. Tanky-CDR items on taric/tresh/leona are waaaay more powerful than AP-CDR items on Janna/nami/lulu/sona/soraka. It's like that squishy supports now get gold but can't make use of that gold like the annie or the tanky supports.

Have you considered/tried going to "extreme utility" with the squishy supports class? Something like removing completely the damage scaling on AP and instead making both the strength AND duration of their CC scale with items. Sorry for bad english.

FalkorsRaiders

01-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
At the time of some of the early reworks like Trundle, we were still figuring out what and how to do a great rework while preserving the core of a champion. In the end I think that they turned out well, but there are definitely things that we know now that will help us have a smoother time with reworks like those in the future. We are always learning.
The number one thing that annoys me about the Trundle rework is what Riot has said when referring to it. The responses use Trundle's name as an example, but are general and not specific to Trundle. They then go on to talk about how they learned a lot from the reworks and will use what they learn so they won't repeat mistakes made, but they never say what they learned specifically. Then, after they make a post like above, there is no mention of Trundle in another post in the same thread, as if the post above is the end of the conversation.

There is one reference by Riot about why Trundle's personality and character was changed, and it was Kitae talking about what happened internally to lead to the change. Riot hasn't talked about/talked to the player base who dislike the change directly, and they dodge the subject with posts like Riot Scruffy. I don't hate Riot, I just would like Riot to not use the same old PR response and have a real conversation.

Trundle was my favorite champion when I joined LoL, and I used to read lore all the time (I started around Volibear, so near the end of the JoJ) but after Trundle's VU I lost all interest in the character because his new personality isn't something I like. I find the new Trundle to be unappealing and have moved on to Fiora.

MajorLuck

01-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by medulla00 View Post
I really like the new paradigm of scaling the utility of support instead of scaling damage. It's like you are saying 'supports must bring utility and we are removing damage to increase their utility". I love that. But after trying supports I feel that right now they're really underwhelming. Tanky-CDR items on taric/tresh/leona are waaaay more powerful than AP-CDR items on Janna/nami/lulu/sona/soraka. It's like that squishy supports now get gold but can't make use of that gold like the annie or the tanky supports.

Have you considered/tried going to "extreme utility" with the squishy supports class? Something like removing completely the damage scaling on AP and instead making both the strength AND duration of their CC scale with items. Sorry for bad english.
Nope.
Your English is very good, don't say sorry

BibleBlackIsGod

01-16-2014

Why not do a Visual Update on Zed by giving him a skin?

Gigglestomp

Recruiter

01-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotScruffy View Post
We're working on some more Taric changes that I think you will like. A new ultimate to be more specific.
Can we re-name his passive? Gemcraft doesn't make any sense for what it actually does.

Tortferngatr

01-16-2014

Hmm. Would an ability that lets you jump 1500 units 3 times (but appear to the enemy team's minimap at the end of all 3 jumps) fit the "too much power projection" or not?

I thought it might be interesting if we had someone whose fantasy could be vastly improved by flying around the map (like a Zaunite mecha rider with a giant jetpack--more along the lines of traditional mecha than Rumble).