i wonder... can you guys tell me

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stormsoul

12-31-2009

I love people who backdoor while i play gangplank. I bluepill, ult and laugh at my free kill <3

Yana

01-01-2010

It's a bit like CS I guess with the "camper" hate. Some people say camper, I say "defending the bomb site like the objective actually demands".

Agree with the fact it's based on perception that more kills should always equal victory, which shouldn't be true at all.

People who get lots of kills, great... but you're still trying to push for victory eventually. It's like in Tribes, where there would be a good proportion of people who would do nothing else than to go and kill the other players who were only interested in killing each other, as compared to other players who actually cared about winning and taking flags.

IMHO, bd takes a lot of skill, unless the game's reached the point where things have gone on too much, at which somebody should have bd before earlier anyway. It's just a skill that's different to killing skill. Kinda like saving a teammate or pushing, underrecognised but the thing that *really* wins games.

Besides, is it so tough to carry fortify and teleport? Doesn't even need to be just 1 person having both...

Tyrygosa

01-03-2010

I wonder how do i can defend the my last barrack from backdooring if the barack or tower it self it will be destroy it below 10 sec. teleport back to base is 1+3 sec casting i think. i just don't get it from fun fight become lame fight. i think backdooring at end game, is much more harder to defend as specially if the game already for 1 hour. i hope do you understand what i mean.

thank you.

Al da Bok

01-04-2010

Backdooring = only half the damage to the tower. I would like to see which Twitch can take one down in one ult.

Then again, if the said Twitch can BD in one ult, just imagine what he would do to the opposite team ?

Most of the time, if BD is possible, it means one of two things : the stalemate is too locked to allow anything else / the game is won anyways.

I must have seen at most 5 games where BD was important, and maybe 2 where it was decisive (200 games played)

I think at lower ELOs, what you saw is a smart (or smurf) Yi/Twitch/Shaco just getting tired that no one is grouping, and who decides to end the game. It's a good lesson in the worst case.

Exantius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrygosa View Post
I wonder how do i can defend the my last barrack from backdooring if the barack or tower it self it will be destroy it below 10 sec. teleport back to base is 1+3 sec casting i think. i just don't get it from fun fight become lame fight. i think backdooring at end game, is much more harder to defend as specially if the game already for 1 hour. i hope do you understand what i mean.

thank you.
Backdooring is a good check to prevent games from never ending. 1 hour games really shouldn't happen anyways. I don't want to be hesitant to join a game because I might have to leave in an hour in a half. Most of my longer games seem to range in the 45 minute mark, and going by what I've read that's already on the long side.

As for actually beating the strategy, you can just 5 man push and ignore it if you feel you're ahead. If it takes too long for you to port back to defend, then it should take too long for their backdoorer to port back and defend their side. Better yet, you should steamroll their team since most backdoor heroes double as their carry. Past the 30 minute mark, even if you're an inhibitor down, if you're anywhere but your own base and you win a team fight, you can push straight to the nexus.

Also, unless it's a TF backdooring, good map control/awareness can have you back at your base before they even arrive. Teleporting to wards/shrooms require the wards/shrooms to be there; kill them with an oracles if you're really worried about it.

That said, I wish fort would work on inhibitors (and the Nexus.) I always feel silly when it becomes essentially a useless summoner ability after an inner turret is destroyed. At least Smite can possibly kill steal baron or maybe make the passive increase as you lose towers or something. It's still one of the better summoner abilities as is though, so I guess I'm not really expecting much.

I was in a game earlier today where as Amumu, I was the only champion on our team that could interrupt Kat's ult (poor planning, I know, but it made for awesome high pressure clutch bandage tossing) Either way, between Death Lotus and their Pirate's ult, we had difficulty winning team fights despite being ahead in kills and towers for most of the game. Backdooring was probably the only way we could have won that, though they spared us the trouble by blundering and getting their kat caught and killed away from their team. Basically, backdooring also deters 5 man gank squads.

Basilisk9466

01-04-2010

Longest game I've ever been in (last one I played) must have lasted for a good 80 minutes. Worked out afterwards that I'd spent around 16.5k in gold and physically couldn't get any more items, I was all maxed out on Nasus. (http://www.leaguecraft.com/builder/n...7bf57cedf60e72 in case anyone's interested in a normally entirely impractical build. They had Cho/Nasus/Warwick/Ashe/Fiddle, so MR wasn't such an issue.)

The thing I learned here was that power creep as everyone gets increasingly more powerful items makes towers less and less relevant - I was able to actually ignore towers and fight against multiple opponents under them, I had that much health. Yes, this inevitably makes BDing easier (our Kayle was lagging severely, so he BDed while we were in team fights), but that just makes the emphasis more on the players. You make a mistake, you pay for it. Thus, the game is more likely to end. The fact that a tower dies more easily later on is kind of the point.