Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

i wonder... can you guys tell me

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kaitor

12-31-2009

To be honest, at least at my elo range... backdoor is almost useless... if the hard carry is going to backdoor our base it means that they are very very desperate cause we are steamrolling their base... if that's not the case... Press "B" and win! =P

Backdoor is somthing very easy to counter with recall (that's the name right? i still call it blue pilll...)

bc87

12-31-2009

Back door them back?

sorry for the pun.

Unemployed Ninja

12-31-2009

Quote:
Basilisk9466:
Twitch can outrange towers, but only while his ult is up, and when it runs out, he's forced to wait for minions - only a severely overfed Twitch can kill a tower in one ult use.

couple quick notes

there is atleast one build i know of (the one i use) that you can get even without being super fed that you can take a full HP tower down to nothing WITHOUT out ranging it with your ult

you use your ult but you dont have to out range it (of course its smarter to because if a stun enemy comes while your like that your dead)

you also forgot to mention shaco who i also use commonly as quite possibly the fastest (if not tied with yi) back doorers in the game while you may say he also needs his ult there is the fact his clone can essentially stay out for half of the game after level 6 as long as it doesnt die

and also IF you do get super over fed (like you were saying with twitch) you dont need your clone but the proper shaco build without even being fed (i had my worst game ever with shaco last night i did worse than i ever have before i was something like 2/7/6 amd i still did the following) can do it with his clone and can solo baron maybe its just me but

i think shaco end game is more useful than twitch or yi he may not be as of a WTFFACEPWNING ROFLSTMPING OMFGWTFBBQING champion as them but he is still a decent carry that can do more than just carry and a backdoor here and there

wow sorry i said couple quick notes but i gave you a wall of text

SegerUtanGreger

12-31-2009

I don't get why back dooring wouldn't be allowed to use. It's pretty easy to avoid it,

Borbag

12-31-2009

Some call it backdoor and some call it bad defense. The real problem lies with in the game itself they have nerfed towers to the point where lvl 6 Chos and mundos can stand up to them. And lets not even get the rats ult into this topic. They should Buff towers i mean alot. 1300 hp is a joke. No one respects the turrets anymoar. The fact that casters cant even hurt towers compared to physical dmg is one of the most deciding factors in the game. if you have lets say Veigar, Ryze, Annie as your team "dps" then badluck to you on killing the turrets. But if you have Tryn, Yi, Tris as your dps then you can drop all the turrets much easier. I think buffing "inter" turrets to 2000 hp, the base turret to 3000hp, the Nexus Turrets to 3500 hp, buffing the dmg output of the turret by 35% and giving casters atleast one of their spells that could dmg turrets would really fix alot of these issues without dragging the game out.

Yana

12-31-2009

The thing is, if the game's reached a stage where somebody can backdoor your tower with stupid ease, there's a bigger question to ask: why haven't they done it before, and why didn't you do it before?

People need to stop thinking of backdooring as some kind of taboo topic, and instead start thinking of it as normal strategy. Once that happens, backdoor will cause a lot less grief.

Incidentally, backdoor in almost all situations was allowed in DotA. Pub groups just disagreed with it for no apparent reason (allowed in almost all competitions, I think icefrog gave it the go-ahead, etc, etc). I guess because most pugs are too noob to carry scrolls of TP. When we play inhouse, if somebody tries to BD, we have a couple guys immediately TP back and smash the guy, then they're -1 carry. Or he owns us, in which it's a legitimate win since he outskilled us by forcing us to rapidly adapt to a sudden new tactic.

Tyrygosa

12-31-2009

In Dota tp are 2 sec cast. item in DOTA much more stronger compare to here. people who farm 100% vs in here who farm 100% item DOTA still much stronger. CC in this game not as great as DOTA. what happend if like this u are both of team is 50% 50% can win from fun become G-ay game. some 1 just backdoor Ur last barrack. because they just want to win.

btw in dota tournament if you backdoor you got ban in here "Australia" same also in my country "Indonesia"

thank you for understanding

Exantius

12-31-2009

I don't know why people try to pin the general complaint on backdooring to its Dota roots. It's allowed there as well in most respectable matches.

If you lose to backdooring, your team got outplayed. It's simple as that. It's not like they aren't losing anything from backdooring. They're sending a hero out leaving the rest of map into a 4v5 (if you can't win this team fight then you've already lost.) Also, the better backdooring champs are mostly carries, which if they're fed enough to drop towers too quickly then you've probably been beaten in other areas of the game as well.

It's not without its risks. If a carry dies in a backdoor attempt, the game probably ends right there. There's also the counters of fort and teleport, not to mention bluepill already limits the strategy greatly.

If you're winning heavily and they're relying on backdooring, then just have someone stay back and defend. There are plenty of answers to this strategy.

Yana

12-31-2009

Hit F9 in Dota for proof about bd being legal. Although strictly speaking that's the TDA rulebook, but hey, it's clearly rules icefrog agrees with.

Weird houserules and honourules aren't the way the game is supposed to be played, and most leagues allow it.

Teleport BD though is banned of course.

It's also clearly allowed in Dota / LoL in terms of game mechanics. If it wre banned, the towers would get infinite health if no creep were near. Instead, they just get a big armor boost in LoL and a large amount of health regen in DotA (which is even more powerful since if you fail, the tower's back where it started). Hence, even if you don't want to F9 or check the forums or the like, game mechanics wise it's obvious the developers support it.

banduan

01-01-2010

The misgivings on BD are often a derivative of the misconception that the team that kills the most should win. I suspect aggressive push teams are also not liked much.