Are you an expert with data, have game design sense and want to join Riot?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Menea6587

01-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
As Design Analyst, youíll exercise your mighty data management muscles and employ your extensive xp in data mining, modeling, and machine learning methods to help build better player experiences. Youíll apply this powerful combo of skills to effectively extract meaningful insights and conclusions from loads of data. This insight and info will help Rioters solve challenging problems and answer tough questions to make player-focused decisions. And as the go-to Rioter for data, youíll play a key role in helping inform new projects that translate to a better player experience.

The rest of the job description is here:
http://www.riotgames.com/careers/design-analyst

I'm happy to answer any questions about this position in this thread, and am looking forward to the applications!
Can you hold this job open for me until I get out of graduate school in 4 years?
This is exactly the kind of job I want D:

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

01-15-2014
2 of 41 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morior Invictis View Post
Hai Lyte.
Hello!

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2014
3 of 41 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erotic Lulu View Post
Hey Lyte.
I'm aming for medical, but good luck finding a victim... er, new employee
I aimed for Medical at one point, but this was more fun

Lyte

01-15-2014
4 of 41 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsonkittens View Post
Are there plans to improve the honour system this season?
Yes, we have some plans for Honor. We're focused on Team Builder for now, since I think players agree that is the most wanted and most valuable feature in progress.

Lyte

01-15-2014
5 of 41 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmySquirrel View Post
So, finding data within databases and I presume also code for when other people in Riot have questions? Like "How exactly is Ahri's Q implemented?" or "What's Darius's win rate with Sword of the Occult?" That sort of question?
This person would work closely with Systems Designers like those on the Player Behavior team, so it would be more focused on questions related to insights and research into systems like Honor, Tribunal and Team Builder.

As a numbers person, one of the draws would be the opportunity to work with data on a massive scale and be a part of a team that works on bleeding edge research across a wide variety of disciplines including sociology, psychology, anthropology and more. You'd then be able to see how this research gets applied to our game design features!

Lyte

01-15-2014
6 of 41 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
Would it be possible to apply for an internship doing this?
We do accept interns on the player behavior team--just apply in the Internship program to Game Design, and explicitly call out your interest to work on the player behavior team.

Lyte

01-15-2014
7 of 41 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BF123456789 View Post
What about a BSc in Psychology with a Masters in Neuroscience? It's not completely statistical but I do have a TON of experience in statistics as a result of my degrees.
That could work. You have a similar background to my own (Masters in Cognitive Psychology and PhD in Cognitive Neuroscience), but in this case we're looking for someone who has a bit more statistical chops than I do.

lightdragoon88

01-15-2014

Darn...I only have an associate degree.

Lyte

01-15-2014
8 of 41 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menea6587 View Post
Can you hold this job open for me until I get out of graduate school in 4 years?
This is exactly the kind of job I want D:
I'm sure Riot will be around in 4 years. We'll see you then!

Fuzen kuden

01-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightdragoon88 View Post
Darn...I only have an associate degree.
what im hopeing is riot has the idea is "we would like you to have the degree, but if you can show you know what your doing...well WELCOME ABORD!" i might be wrong >.>