Malady stacks, how they wrok.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eruend

12-30-2009

I have no clue.

But I`d like to know.

Mainly, I understand the basic about what is said on the item text, what baffles me is how my friend says that having two Maladies on you will apply two stacks at once on the opponent per hit despite it saying it`s a UNIQUE: buff.

Also, will Malady`s effect take hold on any attack or just physical?

Conversely, I`m trying to get some insight on this for my Teemo build. Malady + poisons ftw?

gniksivart

12-30-2009

Everything after the word UNIQUE: doesn't stack from my understanding. If it did stack what would make it UNIQUE?

volune

12-30-2009

Your friend is confused. He probably thinks Malady is an aura. It is not, its just a debuff you apply on autoattack.

Auras can stack in a way. If 2 people have the same aura, the people carrying the item with the aura will get double effect when close to each other (max, this doesnt work for more than 2). People not carrying the aura item will get at most one aura effect on them no matter how many people around them have the item.

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

12-30-2009

Your friend might be just remembering the old Malady, pre-unique you could stack two and it would increase how quickly you build up the stacks, but that's no longer the case.

Malady will apply on any auto attack hit. It doesn't work with skills.

Malady is NOT a DoT (Damage over time) what happens is it puts a debuff on the enemy that increases the damage of your next attack by 5 (stacking 6 times for a max of 30 damage). So for example.

If you hit for 50 damage and have Malady,
Your first hit does 50 damage and applies 1 Malady stack
Your second hit does 55 damage and applies 1 Malady stack and so on until you get to
Your fifth hit does 80 damage and refreshes 1 Malady stack (total 5)

Fbsunny

12-30-2009

The Unique means that if you get a second of the same item then you will still only have one of the passives that it gives you. This does not necessarily mean that you can not have two different people who use this, which may or may not stack, and in the case of Malady idk if it stacks or not when two or more people are using it.

Eruend

12-30-2009

Nah, I know it`s not a DoT, but I was wondering if the poison ticks were amplified by the stacks or if the stacks only apply to physical attacks. Except for the question on double stacking maladies, I was refering to the debuff it`s self. Sorry, I wasn`t real clear about it now that I think about it.

And I`m aware of what the unique keyword stands for. Just thought that might have been a bug or that the stacking went through a different mechanic then that of the passives for some reason. Just needed confirmation.

Mojobacca

03-05-2010

How long will the stack of Malady procs last on a target? Is it until that target is finally taken down or is there a time limit?

i like juice

03-05-2010

does malady debuff apply to on hit abilities as well. ex. madreds 4% if they have 1000 health i have full stacks of malady. madreds does 40 does it now do 70 from malady in addition to auto attack dmg?

i like juice

03-05-2010

itt: bump