Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

New Free Champions (Week 6)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GG Crono

01-02-2010

I'd really like to see Gangplank in the free rotation again.

SquirrelsOnFire

01-03-2010

Ugh, as an avid Gangplank player, it would sadden me to see him free again. The last thing I want is more people playing him once they find out how awesome he is, or especially playing him terribly wrong (5 avarice blades, anyone?).

Aknar

01-03-2010

I miss gank and kata so much,strongly hope that they'll be free next week

wackygamer

01-03-2010

I think it would be better if you guys let anyone use all characters in practice games (that being alone)

Why im saying that? well someone that just starts as Lvl 1.. shouldnt be playing a advanced character, especially if the matchmaking cant do its job right

Example:

Lvl 5
Lvl 8
Lvl 30
Lvl 25
Lvl 21
Lvl 15

All Characters that are cost 450 IP points, and some that are 1350 (Random) Should be playable..

450 Characters are Random w/ the 1350 Characters

Like 2 1350, and Several 450's

If they want to play a newer Champ, or someone unlocked..they play a practice game alone
..Realize they like' em

Then play there lower Difficulty Champ till they unlock,

Some of these Champs.. cant really be utilized at low levels.. I learned that the hard way.

Its just a Idea, please no flame.

wackygamer

01-03-2010

Or atleast a lvl lock

Example.

1-10 > 450/ 1350 IP Champs
10-20 > 3150 IP Champs
20 + 6300 IP Champs

I just believe its unfair for a beginner and there team for them to play the Champ with no experience, or any idea of playing

Beginner starts LoL, finds a cool champ.. Starts game with no mastery, no runes .. And realizes he can't enjoy the champ due to low mana regen(or insert here).. And he can't go anywhere because he/ or she is getting ganked.. Or is way to low to do any "real" dmg or abilities

Some of the characters I play now, I couldn't play when I started because they weren't beginner friendly.

And beginner champs should be accessible at all times, I know why some champs have a higher IP cost while some don't

But letting someone at lvl 5 play karthus,udyr or twitch isn't good.
(Even if it is rotation)

Or anything of that champ dificulty skill level.

I know this should be posted somewhere else, but seems entirely right for the topic

Please no flame ;/

ichi the killer

01-03-2010

I'd like to see Corki.

thx

Yayasure

01-03-2010

When are you going to bring back corki, taric, ramus, and jax? It was nice to see Anivia a few weeks ago but still disappointed with lack of tanks and fighters. Yesterday was the 1st time I saw someone use Corki in 4 weeks!!! And increase the ip cost of ashe or at least take her off the rotation some a bit.
I'm getting tired of noobs playing advanced heroes like Karthus, Twitch, and Morganna. I have 2 rune pages. One for Offensive/gank and other for support/mage. I don't play much melee but would like to see low lvl ppl be restricted or somehow given a handicap if they are going to play a hero they are not used to iif they did not do a practice run.

shadowslice

01-03-2010

and bring back cho gath and kassadin

Lance Volcanix

01-04-2010

Quote:
coel:
thank god that last week is over... low skill heimer, anivia, and udyr ftmfl.

Anivia isn't low skill, she's a glass cannon, and hard to get the hang of, but once you do it's worth it.

Angemon

Recruiter

01-04-2010

Quote:
Zephyrous:
I miss gank and kata so much,strongly hope that they'll be free next week

Quote:
Benasaz:
I need next week chapms!

I think people are missing the point of the free champions, one purpose is for the new players to have something to play with but to people who've been playing this game, once you've tried the champions and know they're awesome, why not just buy them... It doesn't really make sense for all these people complaining about how they have to wait 5 weeks for corki, or how they absolutely need a certain champion for the rotation, how bout you just buy champions you've tried and liked instead of going so long without playing with one of your favorites. It kinda makes no sense to request champions you've already played... I think at least the people who haven't tried out some champions are somewhat justified in a little complaining but there's always some decent champions in the rotation and you just need to make due until you purchase a decent variety of champions to keep you occupied and eventually the champions you want to try will come into rotation but coming to the forums and complaining ain't gonna help you save up ip to buy your favorite champions.