[Guide] Kassidan - Cthulu Darth Vader - with AP!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frozt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

08-11-2009

Zhonya's
Archangel's
Lich Bane
Rod of Ages
Soulstealer
Sorcerer's Shoes

You get that you will be unstoppable. Just spam Riftwalk and it'll hit for ~1000 every 2 seconds, not to mention AoE slow that will doe ~700 damage.

RoarMan

Adjudicator

08-11-2009

Good guide!

I played Kassadin quite a bit, and I must say he's pretty fun. I do think your Build #1 is superior to Build #2 though, with Build #1 I was pulling around 2k and also had well over +100AP while Build #2 I was a low 1.2k and just around 100AP. I always started with Regrowth pendant but turned it into Soul Shroud or Spirit Visage and found it helped tons compared to a Philosopher's Stone. I also felt one point of Blade early was useless. I rarely auto attacked anyone and attack creepings gave me around 4 mana which seems juvenille compared to an extra 40 damage I could be doing.

But none the less, good guide!

Engarde

Adjudicator

08-12-2009

Thanks for all the support, your feedback is much appreciated! Ill make another imporvement based on your feedback Roarman.

FiRe2

08-13-2009

Applied strategy, went godlike. Good strat, thanks!

The Uprising

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-17-2009

hmm I always found the recommended build interesting since it advocates an ap/attack hybrid, which is what I make. I actually thought that was what you're supposed to do, since Kassy is afterall, a hybrid character. Anyway I love hybrids so I stuck with it.

I get sorcerer's boots, sheen, and then phantom, given that he IS a melee hero after all and he DOES have cooldowns after the nuke. Depending on what happens next, and if I have the money, I work on either lich's bane or an attack item, or mallet due to the extra health and slow.

EDIT: I almost forgot, I get the mirror that reduces cooldowns, that really helps my spam game :P

Floatzel

08-17-2009

also, the page I play Kass with is a +425 mana page (thats frontloaded mana).
It lets you harass ALOT early on with voidsphere.

Engarde

Adjudicator

08-22-2009

Updated to recent changes.

Rook

08-22-2009

I've played a lot of Kassadin and I think that spamming null sphere is the best strategy in the early game. I level it up more in the early game.

Thats just me though. Good guide!

SamuelTheSlayer

08-22-2009

Great guide
Kassadin is pwn :P

Hiclic

08-23-2009

Sphere is probably the better choice in regards to early game harassment. While pulse is handy for slowing, even creeping, it charges slowly early on. It just requires a lot more mana and time to build than is appropriate. Going Null->Force->Max Null-Max Force and rift when available means you're harassing well early, harassing/ganking/chasing very well middle, and doing incredibly well late depending on adaptively gearing to counter your opponents.

The mind games on Kass are great, probably the reason why I find him hilarious fun. You can jump brooks, trees, anything to cut fleeing opponents off, set up for a gank, or run away yourself. You can even creep with the port by porting from the melee to the casters, as both your original and destination points deal damage.

This champ really 'spoke' to me, being one I could figure out and naturally find ways to be an asset to my team. He synergizes well with many different gear paths; just a great champ all around. I can also see why a tank build would work well on him even if it's slow to gain. His passive makes him a decent mock carry even if you don't go that route, the resistance really helps from a tanking perspective.