Armor Pen for Casters?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BuddhazBounty

07-30-2010

So I was playing a game as Vladimir and a teammate was convinced i needed armor pen items in order to do damage to high armor opponents (black cleaver). Seeing as I rarely auto attack enemy champs as vlad I found this to be ridiculous and stuck with magic pen.

My question is will a caster champ ever have a legitimate reason to buy armor pen items

Malcom Sylvanas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-30-2010

Probably not.

Fyre Nation

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-30-2010

Maybe a hybrid like Kayle, or Kassadin

Matuk

07-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeleoth View Post
So I was playing a game as Vladimir and a teammate was convinced i needed armor pen items in order to do damage to high armor opponents (black cleaver). Seeing as I rarely auto attack enemy champs as vlad I found this to be ridiculous and stuck with magic pen.

My question is will a caster champ ever have a legitimate reason to buy armor pen items
He was making the incorrect assumption that Vlad's spells do physical damage.

They don't.

The only "caster" I'd get armor pen on is Pantheon, because he's all physical, despite working like a "caster" in that he relies heavily on spells.

malphismia

07-30-2010

Lichbane

although ArPen for casters is generally bad. maybe some hybrids like kog-maw, kassadin who already gets flat ArPen