(RP Event) The Tournament of the Red Tempest!!

12345612 ... 35
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Silverling

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-29-2010

((Ah! Ok~ Hehehe... Maybe I will join...))

charité

12-29-2010

((Depending on how things go, I may have Charité join as a spectator. :O))

o0sniper50o

12-29-2010

((I wanna watch this thing as a spectator, since anything I come up with is socially reclusive and doesn't like attention. Particpating in a huge battle doesn't exactly detract attention.))

Bowpurity

12-29-2010

((So to be straight.
Anything goes and fights will be done on a ship? (not an arena?)
If it's on a ship, i'm taking Bow out. He's an archer. Close combat isn't his style.))

Areia Polias

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-29-2010

((No time like the present to try a new character! Behold, fellow roleplayers: my first foray into text-based RP!))

Kios Anim steps off of the boarding ramp, shifting his balance to accommodate the moving deck of the Red Tempest. The man's cloak flares in the salty wind to reveal his black Ionain armor underneath it. Kios' dark eyes survey the crew at work. Upon finding the men in charge, he bows slightly in greeting.
"My name is Kios Anim, the Winter Fox. I seek Captain Daniels so that I may enter the Tournament of the Red Tempest."

Captain Kios Anim
http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/174

Koragon

12-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowpurity View Post
So to be straight.
Anything goes and fights will be done on a ship? (not an arena?)

If it's on a ship, i'm taking Bow out. He's an archer. Close combat isn't his style.
(The ship has hidden properties to it. You know that it is a massive stadium, but you are on the ship.)

CaddyMyers

12-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koragon View Post
1.) No, it is not needed.

2.) You know that the tournament is reknowned throughout Valoran, but, there are signs everywhere as well (in all city states)

3.) Yes, you may talk as a spectator and talk while a battle is going. (If we do Roarchat)

4.) On the Red Tempest
((Thanks Koragon! Even though, I don't need to make an introduction for my character since he's spectating, I'm going to create one anyway to explain a little bit as to what he's been up to and why he would go to spectate such a tournament.

Which, I'll just go ahead and place the introduction here in this post.))

http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/88

Location: The Yordle Academy of Science & Progress - Piltover
Date and Time: December 28 - 9:30 PM

The glistening white hallways of the famous school were usually quiet during this time of night. Save for the occasional student pulling an "all-nighter" just to get his/her projects and research done the night before their exam the next day. However, tonight was different, for through these halls echoed the voices of two very different beings: The head of the Yordle Academy himself and League champion, Heimerdinger. The other, "Caddy", an explorer of the omniverse and League summoner. None would have guessed that their paths could have ever crossed, but considering that both have the similar interest of bettering the world of Runeterra, it would have been only a matter of time . . .

~

Shortly after the night where he assisted in subduing the League champion Warwick, "Caddy" searched as hard as he could for anyone who could help him find a way to somehow reverse engineer the unnatural biological enhancements that were placed-upon a friend he had made during the night of The Blood Hunter's unintentional rampage. This friend of "Caddy"'s is none other than Scarr, who's bloodstained life was filled with nothing but rage and hatred. "Caddy"'s search eventually lead him to the Yordle Academy of Science & Progress. It was here that he met The Revered Inventor who, at first, was not so willing to help "Caddy" is his pursuit to give Scarr a life he never had. However, "Caddy" aroused Heimerdinger's intrigue while, during an audit for a class, "Caddy" pointed-out what could have been an otherwise overlooked wire connection failure between the two crucial circuit boards needed for the primary component of a new experimental device Heimerdinger was using as a demonstration. This device is still currently in development but, once completed, will be able to emit concentrated beams of super-heated energy so powerful, that they can cut through solid rock with no effort and little use of magical energy. After "Caddy" had pointed-out this error, Heimerdinger believed that his attention to detail could be beneficial to the Academy. "Caddy" accepted the inventor's offer, in hopes that he could not only help his friend Scarr, but also help Runeterra and its inhabitants.

~

As the two were making their way to the main entrance/exit of the Academy, their conversation continued . . .

""Caddy", the pure conceptualization that such a weapon could ever exist is simply improbable!"

Heimerdinger walked with a straight and proper posture. As he did so, he held his hands firmly behind his back. "Caddy", on the other hand, had a slightly hunched position as he walked. His hands were hidden inside the pockets of his black trenchcoat. Both, however, kept even pace with each other, despite one being nearly half the size of the other.

"I thought for sure that you would have believed me, being that I presented nearly half my arsenal of otherworldly technological weaponry to you."

"Correct." Responded Heimerdinger. "But even the remarkable scientific study of Techmaturgy cannot produce a weapon of that magnitude in which you speak."

At this point, "Caddy" and Heimerdinger had reached the towering double-paneled doorway. "Caddy" pushed-open the door, revealing the City of Progress, Piltover. The darkness of night had caused the automated Ubiquitous Star Rods to illuminate most of Piltover's streets, making for mostly safe travels through the great city.

After briefly admiring, perhaps, the only city he really liked during his visit to Runeterra so far, "Caddy" opened the door the rest of the way and began his decent down the multitude of steps at the base of the Academy as he gave his farewell to Heimerdinger . . .

"We will need to continue our discussion when I see you tomorrow, Heimerdinger. As always I look forward to working with you."

"Undoubtedly!" Heimerdinger then complimented "Caddy". "Although, I see no use for them besides barbarous slaughter, congratulations on finishing your self-energizing Hextech weapons!"

"Caddy" nodded to him as he said, "Thank you sir.". After which, he resumed walking down the steps at the same time Heimerdinger turned to head back into the Academy, closing its door behind him.

Although "Caddy" had his own way of getting back to the Institute of War quickly, he couldn't resist doing one of the things he liked most whenever he was in a town he did not know a whole lot about: Walking through it, getting to know the layout, and generally admiring it. He didn't know why he liked it so much, he just knew that his mind felt a little more at rest when he did. Unfortunately, though, the calmness of his mind was about to be interrupted when he noticed a shady figure put up a peculiar-looking sign on one of Piltover's public notice boards. After the shady figure, who was most likely a general city worker for Piltover, left with a stack of similar-looking signs, "Caddy" decided to read this declaration but, less than halfway through reading it, he noticed one name on the list it provided that stood out above the rest . . .

Quote:
LAAADIEEESSS AND GENTLEMEN!!!!

As Captain of ye Red Tempest, I am proud to tell ye all of the upcoming tournament comin' in the next could o' days! The tournament 'as a legendary status of bein' able to further ye strength, give warriors who win renowned status's, and a chance to fight some of the most brutal and hard to the bone warriors that Runeterra 'as to offer ye! If ye 'ave a bone to pick with me, I meself will be joining in this tournament as well lads and lass's, and I suggest ye do the same!
And even if ye don't want to join in the tournament, ye can always spectate in thar massive arena stadium! With 10,000 available seats, and a world of opportunity hidden within the vast difference of community available in this tournament, ye really should be joining in!
At this very moment, I 'ave in me roster the following warriors!

- Scarr, The Blood Letting Zealot
- Mathus, The Sandstorm Nomad
- Captain William "The Bladed Tempest" Daniel
- Shakkah'Haru, The Steel Monk
- Dulu. Templar of Kumungu
- Malord, The Snake of Serpentine River
- Dravil, The Legendary Fire Blade
- Jet, The Cool Breeze of The Blue Flamed Island

"Scarr is going to be a part of this pointless tournament?!" "Caddy" thought to himself. "Pointless tournament or not, Scarr is my friend . . . and I will cheer him on even if it's for a violent cause."

After reading the rest of the tournament information on the sign, "Caddy" stepped back from the public notice board and assumed his form of light where, milliseconds later, he appeared back at the Institute. Here, he identified where the closest red portal would be so that he can use it to travel to the Red Tempest the day of the tournament.

((Hmm, looks like I over exaggerated the intro . . .))

Areia Polias

12-30-2010

((Heh, I was worried that I under-did it. There must be a happy medium between the two of us!))

Munchlord

12-30-2010

((I'll join with a new character of mine called Dragor Shadowfury, the Wraith of Demacia. I have yet to make a character profile for him, but I'll get to it once the whole NYE thing settles down and stuff. At that point, I'll fill in an IC post here about Dragor discovering the tournament and all that.))

Sapphyrite

12-30-2010

((I will be joining aswell, with a character named Zachary Skye, Demacian Slayer. Due to me not being at home for NYE, I'll be able to upload a detailed profile only once I get back.))

12345612 ... 35