Exqzr's Guide for Farmer/Hunter Poppy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Degnared

12-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinatoor View Post
With a tri-force rush I could solo dragon at lvl 7-9 depending on items/red buff. What lvl can you kill dragon with Wriggles rush?
Pretty easy at level 6. Probably doable at level 5, but I don't know if it's worth risking a gank. Being MIA for that long on 3v3 is suspicious, and there's only one place you can be.

Tokinatoor

12-29-2010

Your over estemating an unranked solo que teams map awarness at lvl 4.

Exqzr

12-29-2010

Hey Tokinatoor,

The idea of wriggles is not that you are not going to get Sheen only that, if done right you can get Sheen (if you want) and Wriggles in about the same amount of time as just Sheen Alone, and this is because of the extra 600 to 1000 gold you've made as Farmer Poppy. True you can get this with Champ kills, but jungling does not carry the risk of also feeding the opposing team.

And Let us not forget the huge advantage the extra 280 gold is for each of your team mates.

I can solo the dragon at level 5 with just Madreds and 2 health potions (need a few lucky hits) and very easily clear the top top jungle (including dragon) at level 6 with Wriggles. I'm getting Sheen or a Sapphire Pendant and avarice blade on my next trip to base (depending on if I'm skipping sheen and going for Glacial Shroud).

Quick Note, make sure you have Flash up before taking on the Dragon.... Start your attack on the dragon with a Charge to pin him against the wall. Then hammer spank and take a health potion. IF you see an enemy champ coming for you while working on the dragon, Finish he Dragon if he is at 1/3 hit points or less, do not engage the enemy champ. If you can not finish the dragon, Flash out. Run around your side of the wall and engage the enemy champ trying to steal your dragon (with the idea that the dragon is now on him.). Your charge will be off cool down and you can slam your opponent as you and the dragon finish him, then you kill Dragon and you get a free Champ kill as a bonus.

And let us not forget if you have Wriggles you can post a look out ward in the bush on the enemy side of the dragon, so you'll have warning if more than one is coming for you.

Exqzr

01-01-2011

revised updated and formatted.

Notes

I tried early jungling and its hard. I recommend Madreds before jungling.

There is some merit to starting with a Sapphire and 2 health potions. For the sole purpose of using Devastating blow as much as possible for last hits. The reset on attack timer is very helpful for timing. Using this strategy, Poppy can actually solo a lane in 3 v 3.

Tokinatoor

01-23-2011

For jungling with the recent MR changes to monsters you should probably start with W if your planning on jungling (in 5 v 5 for killing blue golem first)

Gl Oh S0z Gf

05-17-2011

I am relatively new to the League (level 20) but in my humble opinion I am quite knowledgeable for my level. I started off by playing TT because of it's simplicity I felt I could get a grip on the game better that way. I now frequent SR, but TT is never far from my heart, I love how much of an impact you as the individual have on the outcome.

I've done well with rumble, ww, zilean, and morde, but after trying out this guide, my favorite is definitely jungler poppy! Rushing Wriggle's seems an odd move, but in reality is it pure genius. The dragon can easily be soloed at level 6, and after that first dragon kill when you can get sheen, it's all smooth sailing. I'm a noob so I don't normally buy wards, but having a wriggle's ward at red buff is really nice in solo que. I started trying your build 10 games ago, and I now I am 10-0 with jungler poppy, averaging 12/5/8, with only one game where I had more deaths than kills .

For jungling I just go kill dragon and red buff, mainly helping in lane, doing awesome ganks, and then finishing if need be with my ult. I rush trinity force then ninja tabi most of the time. But Ghoast blade and shroud are great vs a high melee or later on vs any team, as you said. Only one game have I had the time to buy a 5th item. That one being infinities edge. After I had that the game was essentially over: there's no stopping a poppy that takes away 2/5 of a meleer's hp in one hit- and does it every hit!

Thanks for the guide!!!
Lots of Love,
A random lol noob