Runes- to **** expensive

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sluguerx

12-27-2010

That's why RP exists.

a4mad

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryko View Post
rolf why are u people flaming? iv been playing lol over 3 months at lvl 30 and i have different tier 3 runes all max, one for caster, other for dps and one for tank, all in 3 months maybe less, and iv wasted ip buying champs like olaf n soraka which i hardly ever play and have champs like mal, vlad, mf n others. didnt take long to me in getting the ip for runes. all you need to do is stop buying every champ you see and work on the ones your good at.
when i first started playing, i bought only a few champs. since ive started my rune page i have bought 1 champ, and thats in 2 months. that champ aslo was eve, 1350 ip.either you play waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much or you bought ip boosts, and lots if them. i would get rp, but 1.im poor and 2. i have no means of buying rp.

BrokenHeartVerse

12-27-2010

Riot probably wants to to give everyone the idea that runes are expensive so that players will spend IP on runes and spend RP on champions.

Honestly, Riot should increase the IP we get from games, AT LEAST give a time bonus where you will get more IP the longer you play.

Seriously though, the time and effort that is put into a game is not justified with the IP rewarded.

Zelink

12-27-2010

i think the ip we get from ip boost however is ridiculous, we spend money on the game to get a total of maybe 245 ip per win with ip boost and some of these matches may take over and hour or more. i think its sad how little the boost is, and i really would love to see it increase.

ImpBloody

12-27-2010

After looking at your profile, buying tier 1 and 2 runes (dont know if you bought tier 1) is a waste of ip, and alot of people make the mistake that it is worth while to do this, while you gain a small advantage, the fact is anyone that is 1-29 is fairly new to the game and you wont need that advantage to win, the other fact is, starting off in august will get you to lvl 30 with a few champions (low ip cost of course) and at least a rune page, the fact is runes cost as much as they do by their effectiveness or how effective people see them as.

They are expensive if you dont save up for them and find other things to spend your ip on.

VCJunky

12-27-2010

Riot doesn't care that you think they're too high because paying customers who purchase champions with RP have plenty of IP to spend on whatever runes they please.

This game is "Free To Play, Pay To Win". You should be thankful there is at least the option for "Grind to Win". I'll give Riot credit for that, this is one of the few free games that all functional content can be unlocked without having to spend any money. Most free to play games give paying customers an extreme edge over those that don't.

a4mad

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpBloody View Post
After looking at your profile, buying tier 1 and 2 runes (dont know if you bought tier 1) is a waste of ip, and alot of people make the mistake that it is worth while to do this, while you gain a small advantage, the fact is anyone that is 1-29 is fairly new to the game and you wont need that advantage to win, the other fact is, starting off in august will get you to lvl 30 with a few champions (low ip cost of course) and at least a rune page, the fact is runes cost as much as they do by their effectiveness or how effective people see them as.

They are expensive if you dont save up for them and find other things to spend your ip on.
ya i have teir 1 and 2... i was such a noob back then. i have mf as the only 6300 champ, and sona, kat,leblanc,nid,and ww are my 3150's. idk if thats "good" for how long ive been playing, but i did play alot more back then, and i rarely bought runes. my main issue is having to choose between getting champions that i realy like and want to play, or building rune pages for the ones i own. its realy far to much of a trade of, and if i buy a new champ, say rammus, then im gonna need some new runes to jungle with, as well as more rune pages. this can take many many months.

CrazyBear

12-27-2010

They should have more double ip weekends to help the newer people out. But in all seriousness to get the most from this game your better off bringing out the credit card. Also a good tip is not to waste your time on the double exp but the double ip is a godsend and i recommend the per win ones over the day/week variety as unless your playing non-stop they are not worth it.