Runes- to **** expensive

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nex A Umbras

12-27-2010

Sell penguins and you should be able to purchase them with out too much hassle.

BigDaddyRelish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-27-2010

I know if they lowered the rune costs I'd probably get a good 10,000 or so ip back on runes.

Runes do give a good advantage, but when you think about it, there are a lot of advantages to lowering the costs of runes.

It makes it less ****ty for newer players. Newer players are still trying to get champions they want but to use them to anywhere near their effectiveness that others that have their rune pages up will have to ip farm forever just to catch up.

It makes spending a lot of money to get things in this game pretty much unavoidable if you want to not spend over a year farming ip all day.

A big issue that Riot is going to have to face soon is that it will be almost completely inaccessable to new players. It's already easy to get overwhelmed by how much STUFF there is that you need to buy to be on the same page as everyone else, but it will take YEARS to get there. I've dumped a large sum of money myself into this game and I still don't have rune pages ideal for more than a couple of characters, nor do I own all the characters.

As much as I hate comparing LoL to HoN as both are great games while still being completely different, HoN helps newer players out a LOT by giving them the entire selection of heroes to choose from. It's a bit daunting at first along with everything else, but if I had to sit around for days and farm points to unlock Corrupted Disciple, Flint Beastwood, Dampeer, HellBringer, and all the other heroes I love to play I would tear my hair out.

So I would be very satisfied to see either a decrease in ip prices with an ip refund (or not even that), or an increase in how much ip you get per round. I know Riot needs to bring in money, but making it not so impossibly difficult to get new champions/runes wouldn't hurt their income, but greatly increase the overall accessability to the content.

Kartyr

12-27-2010

The runes are too **** high!

Kajax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-27-2010

If you're not paying Riot money AND not going to bed in tears, runes aren't expensive enough.

ShadyStories

12-27-2010

srrrrrrrrrrsly
Way too expensive.
bumping dis

PinkyThePig

12-27-2010

ITT: You guys are poor, i own 58 red 56 yellow 53 blue, 12 quints AND all of the heroes

BigDaddyRelish

12-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkyThePig View Post
ITT: You guys are poor, i own 58 red 56 yellow 53 blue, 12 quints AND all of the heroes
Over the period of a year I've dropped nearly 100 bucks on this game, maybe more idk.

And I still don't have all the champions/runes, and only a couple of skins.

...that's quite a hefty entry price don't you think?

PinkyThePig

12-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magical Molester View Post
Over the period of a year I've dropped nearly 100 bucks on this game, maybe more idk.

And I still don't have all the champions/runes, and only a couple of skins.

...that's quite a hefty entry price don't you think?
I do actually think they need to make it easier to acquire everything. The way games work nowadays is that then they add more content (ex. level cap increase) they change the lower levels so that it takes a constant amount of time to reach the cap. so when it took 100 hours to get from lvl 1 - 60 it now takes 100 hours to get from level 1 - 80. Riot needs to address this problem because if they dont it will become impossible for new players to reach the point where beta players are at and it will turn into a game of catch up that can never be won.

IICrows ZeroII

12-27-2010

Thats why LoL is not really "F2P"

Zelink

12-27-2010

rolf why are u people flaming? iv been playing lol over 3 months at lvl 30 and i have different tier 3 runes all max, one for caster, other for dps and one for tank, all in 3 months maybe less, and iv wasted ip buying champs like olaf n soraka which i hardly ever play and have champs like mal, vlad, mf n others. didnt take long to me in getting the ip for runes. all you need to do is stop buying every champ you see and work on the ones your good at.