Runes- to **** expensive

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

a4mad

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-27-2010

title, and heres the math

for a ranged dps rune page ( lets say flat health quints armor pen marks, mp/5 level seals, and flat mr)
MARKS: armor pen is 410, X9=3690
seals=1845
glyphs=1845
quints=6150
total=13530...thats not the most expensive either. being farely new to this game (started early august) i have wanted to buy udyr, pantheon, or rammus for a while now, but i decided to finish a rune page first. i have been working on this rune page for over a month now, playing games several games a day almost every day. i have yet to even begin my tryndemere rune page, or my non mana using rune page. im still one seal, four (now 3,rune combiner has done something useful for the first time) marks, and nine glyphs away. factoring 2 days a week i wont play, it would take me atleast another 2 months to finish this and maybe get a champ. then theres other rune pages i need to build, so thats untill the end of summer next year untill i can have 3, maybe 4 pages done. to me, this is insane. riot, do to runes what you do to every other thing in this game and nerf the **** price.

EDIT: i did the math for tryndemere
crit damage=25315
most expensive possible rune page=28390... thats more than 4 6300 champions for a rune page.
lemme put things in perspective:if i play 10 games a day, and also hack the game so i get fwotd each time, it would take 11 days to build my tryndemere rune page. if i only play 1 game a day, and get fwotd each time, it would take 100 days.

INRIhab

12-27-2010

don't buy so many champions

Stormsoul

12-27-2010

you said it, the rent is too **** high

A Velociräptor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormsoul View Post
you said it, the rent is too **** high
Why?

The rent is too D*** high!

But tbh..it gets worse. For a full crit damage page it can get up over 20,000 IP and It gives a disadvantage to the people who rather buy champions than runes (ME!)

The Cursed One

12-27-2010

Yes it takes time to build up your runes, but that is true for everyone. Therefore it is balanced and if they went and changed it now all the people who farmed up the IP to get the runes, especially the ones who bought boost would be pissed.

Lulwy

12-27-2010

I rather pay to unlock the rune slots, and have the runes themselves be significantly cheaper.

But meh, thats me.

cats

12-27-2010

Holiday runes are cheaper and give the same stats, but you may not wait that long...

Jedrek13

12-27-2010

I get that since they do give quite a good advantage, especially early game which I think is their main function, since late game that 100 extra health from quints won't really matter much. But giving up buying a good amount of champions just to get them all is a little steep. Especially since buying a whole other page costs 6300 ip, which is exactly a whole champion, and a good one for that price.

They need to drop the rune prices themselves down a bit, and especially rune pages, since they are meant to get you to buy more runes.

And it really sucked to buy a general page for mages (magic pen. marks and quints, flat mana regen/5 seals, flat CDR qlyphs), when I could of bought just about all of the mages I don't already own for that much...

Soft White

12-27-2010

I represent the runes is too **** high party

JunKx

12-27-2010

ya instead of spending 13k on runes for a couple champs i wanna play i just spent like 4.5k for tier 2 versions. i don't play enough to get 13k...would take like half a year, for serious