ELO math inventor reproved in Math.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KrushakArrankiss

12-30-2010

That's odd, the last three matches I lost about 15-21 rating but the two matches before that, I some how got queued up in solo queue with a person who was 1600 and was queued with a 1280. This happened twice and I only gained about 18 points for it. Why should I get punished for someone who has 1600 rating?

I think that if a 1600 queues with a 1200, they should be facing 1400+ people, not 1200-1300s. I don't like wasting and hour or so of game play cause some 1600 wants to kill scrubs.

DR3N the King

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

12-30-2010

Just had 2 games in a row with 2 leavers on the same team.

My first 2 ranked after 10-15 normals without leavers.

(lucked out this time and they were both on the enemy team, and in my lane ^^)

FlameKnightZz

01-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaszz View Post
Fix what? The ONLY way out of ELO hell is to carry hard. If you can't carry your team, then carry harder. You won't make it out of random hell unless you fight tooth and nail to do so. It's a total **** shoot if you get good players or scrubs.

As for the leavers its just the way of the world, people are brought up thinking that they are special and if they try a little bit they will rock everything. Then they play a game or take a hobby and find out they suck and will require hundreds of hours of practicing to get good, and you know what they do?

They throw a fit and quit in a huff, saying its bs, or its the games fault, or the ELO systems fault etc.

So in summation.

Carry Hard.
Lol you talk if your giving solutions to the problem when u aren't. This is a 5vs5 TEAM game, no player can win it 1vs5. If you get 4 failures the game is lost. Just think about it. You only belong in one lane, if the other 2 fail you're done. Only if your team is competent and they work together you can win. But we are talking about the average ****ing noob in solo que, who feeds early game, decides to roam jungle alone and die 1vs5, and afks end game.
Also, letz carry with the 4 other carryz on my team. Real balance.

Lestaroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-02-2011

Don't need to fix the ELO system, just put leavers to play with other leavers and honest players with another honest players.

That's it.

And this isn't Riot fault rofl Riot can't chose exactly with who you ll play so this is your problem if the other players don't know how to play, btw I know a lot of bad players who used to say "we lost because of you, you and you, everyone sux" while he was the problem... so...

Seanner

01-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR3N View Post
I agree that the elo system is terrible, there are so many players that don't deserve to be at the elo they are at (including myself).

Sometimes (90% of the time) you just can't carry, like when your entire team is composed of squishy DPS champs.
Zazz's and others often state the solution is to be the carry yourself.

You've stated that there are usually too many carries.

I find this fascinating.

BlueBuddha

01-04-2011

They should have some kind of riot hired team that host ranked tryout games to watch players and see if they are ranked worthy and then can promote them.

Sangiovese

01-06-2011

TheOddOne is 70-6 as solo queue in 5v5 ranked. obv (s)he's doing something better than us.

Mitix

01-12-2011

Part of the problem is attempting to calculate ELO for a single player from a random team vs. random team situation. The rating system was never designed for such a situation.

Jonii3

01-12-2011

1. Please don't use the term "ELO hell" if you don't know what it means.
1200 ELO is far from being ELO hell. Many people think that 1400 is average ELO, but in reality, that's just what you start at. That does not mean that is average ELO
2. CLOSELY examine yourself, the players you are playing with, and the players you are playing against.
At the end of every death, think to yourself, What did I do that led to my death. Do not blame it on your teammates, try to think of something that you could have done better. I'm not saying it wasn't your teams fault, but seriously try to improve yourself.
Look at your team. Do they have a similar number of leaves? are they close to your level with a close number of wins? If they are, than the ELO is matching you to your team perfectly. Also remember, there is fluctuation. I am level 30 but I know level 20's that are better than me. Just because this person is 2 levels below you doesn't mean your ELO doesn't match your skill. Also, look at your enemies. Do they have the same characteristics I mentioned to look for as your teammates? maybe they were having a good day.
3. Realize that you are "SOLO" queing
Solo queing was never meant to be a method of playing that would let you win every time. It was meant to match you so that you won close to the same number of games that you lose. Based on your 50/50, it sounds to me like riot is doing a great job.
4. We ALL play with bad players
There will always be bad players in this game, and due to everyone starting at 1400 ELO, it takes awhile for people to get into their correct ELO bracket. This is one of many reasons for seeing players of very low skills in your game. Some people have more fun pretending to be morons than playing the right way. Some people are just having a bad day. Some people are just so against playing practice games they feel the need to try new champs in normal games. I don't agree with any of these things, but some people are just like that.
5. It's not all Riot's fault.
In ANY game there will always be noobs. There will always be people who ragequit, feed, and generally degrade the game. While Riot can do things to ease the number of these noobs, they will always be there and we will be forced to learn to play with them. In a team based game like this especially, it is VERY easy to blame your teammates for something that was really your fault
TL;DR
Go back to kiddygarden and learn2read, then come back. kthanksbye

TehAahz

01-13-2011

random comment: the dude's name was Elo... it's not a abbreviation. stop using caps for it