Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

ELO math inventor reproved in Math.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZeMacaco

12-27-2010

Just think with me. If I'm winning 50% win and 50% defeat, WHY I KEEP GOING DOWN IN ELO? Why I win less points that I loose?

Now I'm blessed with teams that don't pick ult on level 6. Teams that fight all the match without using a single skill, teams that pick 4 squishy melee mages and squishy DPS, Teams with Soraka + Sonna + Lux. I've got and 750ms Ezreal that didn't know what latency was, only know that he can hit one skill for each 5 minutes of game and still trying to "practice". Considering that EVERY match has a disconnected player(or a lot) too, I just can't beat 50% wins.

Well, if I know how to pick and OK mixed team, i pick ult at level 6, and I do not disconnect in the middle of the match, answer me WHY I'M WITH THAT KIND OF PLAYERS? Where is the (fail) magic on your math that allows me to stay in an ELO category that I don't deserve? BECAUSE THAT EVENTS WILL OCCUR 50% OF THE TIME IN MY TEAM NO MATTER WHAT I DO. If your calculations don't allow me to get out of this hell on a 50% basis, I'm sorry to be the one to tell you that you cannot continue doing games.

The ELO hell is an RIOT GAMES responsibility. You can laugh of the term, but you're laughing from your own shame. This ranked situatios is created by you. I've stood in 1200+ ELO a lot of time. All of it began with uncompromised players on ranked, and the same players infected ranked and keep me there. I'm compromised and I just there with them.

I'm very satisfied with LOL concepts, the nice shop, the reduced ranges that works better on screen, the AP concept to still use mages endgame, the concept of using more skills, not only on crucial times, the turret target sequence, the helping range circles and such. But there's a lot to be remade in this game to left "beta" stage, this is not an commercial product.

Fuglea

12-28-2010

ya i'v had about 5 Leaves EVER and just had 7th game in a row with afk/leaver ... -.- Riot fix this.

Zaszz

12-28-2010

Fix what? The ONLY way out of ELO hell is to carry hard. If you can't carry your team, then carry harder. You won't make it out of random hell unless you fight tooth and nail to do so. It's a total **** shoot if you get good players or scrubs.

As for the leavers its just the way of the world, people are brought up thinking that they are special and if they try a little bit they will rock everything. Then they play a game or take a hobby and find out they suck and will require hundreds of hours of practicing to get good, and you know what they do?

They throw a fit and quit in a huff, saying its bs, or its the games fault, or the ELO systems fault etc.

So in summation.

Carry Hard.

DR3N the King

Adjudicator

12-28-2010

I agree that the elo system is terrible, there are so many players that don't deserve to be at the elo they are at (including myself).

Quote:
Zaszz:
So in summation.

Carry Hard.

Sometimes (90% of the time) you just can't carry, like when your entire team is composed of squishy DPS champs.

Cherokeepimp

12-28-2010

Also just curious if I leave while in the process of picking, apparently that counts as a loss as well? Do I lose points for that as well.

If this is the case then yes, there is no point in playing ranked games anymore. I can see leaving in a game, but leaving at the pick screen and losing points is silly.

Cyrilleon

12-28-2010

I think the problem is if you made items stronger, and you could carry games to win
Then it would be unbalanced because one person would win games
This is to team based, but at the same time if it wasn't the game would be unbalanced

uzsibox

12-29-2010

Just reset elo.
Dont let soloranked under 500 games (normal+ranked thus far) .
Make tuts that do help like shurelia did with her zoning guide.

Taloron

12-29-2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFpSwUOhQII

FeanorAlmighty

12-29-2010

If you lose after you win, you will lose more ELO than if you win after a loss.

xMMacx

12-29-2010

That is how ELO works... It's not an issue caused by riot, it's simply how ELO rating systems work.