Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How to get out of the 1300s-1500s

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xzymethx

12-29-2010

duo que
1 jungle
1 mid
gg

PanzerIVD

12-29-2010

I'll just add somethings that aren't as obvious...
-Use minion aggro from their auto attack to your advantage before engaging in a fight. That extra dps is the thing that'll tip the balance in early fights.
-Use the bush often. Like auto attack harass, go back in to reset aggro etc. Of course this depends on who you're laned against (i.e. hitting Vlad is an exercise in futility), what champ you are, in a side lane, etc. but with this plus the minions, when you actually engage in a committed fight, he should be at 80% or something while you are 90% or whatever. Just gain every advantage possible.
-Ping for your teammates. Do not rage at them. This is just as important as a correct build and team comp in helping you win the game. A bunch of demoralized, annoyed anonymous strangers who are your nominal teammates is one that isn't going to help you and are more likely to play in a sloppy fashion. This plays into your solo Elo, AKA winning/losing too.
-Find their weakest Elo guy and proceed to eat him. They will do the same to you.
-Watch your mana. Watch their mana. Watch what summoner skills they have before you engage. A flash + ghost? Clarity? Exhaust? This matters just as much as the summoner skills you have. Also use pots.
-Pay attention to what your team and their team is buying at all times.
-Especially pay attention when fights are occurring. Use pots. Things happen in seconds and I have friends who are in skill spamming mode when particles explode all over their screen. Auto attack when you are not a physical dps champ.
-That dead pantheon might just ulti back after reviving. That revived Ashe will arrow when you're taking down that tower.
-You are in serious danger of being dived if you have 3 bars of health.
-Don't play if you're likely to be interrupted or tired as all hell at 3 am in the morning.

Little things like this is what will get you to winning a fight and losing a fight. Which leads to winning more fights etc.

kyut

12-29-2010

^ second that

there is no elo hell

Schn

12-29-2010

Actively try to be the worst player on your team. The rest of the team will be compelled to play better to carry you.

Sacull Kinslayer

12-29-2010

The easiest way to get out of this bracket range is just to lose a lot and drop below it. Then again I don't think that is what you meant...

brainlizard

12-30-2010

Once you hit 1300, each 100 points of ELO is a BIG jump. I'm at 1500, and have been for a while (that's top 2% of ranked players, so I'm plenty happy with it).

1400 players are a LOT worse than 1600 players. Whenever I get 1600s players, they're consistent, on the ball, map aware, and team-focused.

You won't "get out" of 1500 until you're a really, really good player with a very consistent game.

Smokey

12-30-2010

Im normally in mid 1500 but I got dropped to 1290 because of consecutive bad games and some how ended up as low as 1290. I just got back to 1500 and don't think I even want to bother doing rank anymore **** is makes me rage!!!! lol Anyways what helped me get out of it was using tank gragas with ap runes and jungling whenever i can cause nothing worst than having a noob jungler =/ Btw it took me a month to get back to 1500 =(