Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How to get out of the 1300s-1500s

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sceptre Prison

12-27-2010

Hi,

I'm looking for someone who has successfully done this to give me some tips. Now, I've had some really bad teams where I've played well and we lost. But I've also sucked a time or two myself.. Just looking for some pointers as to how to improve my play and be a driving force for winning a solo ranked game.

I usually have been playing Shen (when I tank), Akali (when I carry or just am AP), and Malzahar (when I'm AP and a pusher), but I can play any champion with some degree of success.

Thanks!

Dragonhunter888

12-27-2010

play a jungler, tell your team what to do, dual queue, buy wards and tell others to buy wards, coordinate pushes and ganks, jungle atm can control how games go simply because of the buff to dragon and nerf to solo lanes.

Gunflame

12-27-2010

get better at the game?

biomorph

12-27-2010

Dual queue seems to me to be the best option. Pick a duo that can gank and push and take the lead if you, or your buddy, think you have what it takes. Whatever you do do NOT start *****ing and complaining because that tears teams apart and people loose focus and that is the worst thing that can happen. Other than that I find that it is a **** shoot regardless of what you try because there will always come games where people mess it up for others. I was bouncing down to 1100 ELO and now I worked my way above 1300 and I must say I met more players who really wanted to make a difference at 1100-1200 than from 1200-1300+. Perhaps it is because all the "new" ranked players who enter with 1200 just think that it is their turn to get in there and pwn some. I've met far more jack asses above 1200 than I did below. But with regards to what champion I would not point out anyone specific other than be prepared to fill at least 3 different roles from game to game.

Asylumseeker

12-27-2010

Quote:
Gunflame:
get better at the game?

Its not that easy and i have the same problem. For instance this morning i was playing mallphite. We were doing well to start with. I couldnt convince a Garen i was laning with to last hit so we couldnt deny experience.

Then later on i was still doing pretty well but guess what, even after telling people they need defensive items apart from me only alistair had one which was merc treads. No other armour or MR item existed on my team apart from mine. This lead to them dying very quickly and Vlad getting 20 stacks. With no team support and a fed enemy team there was nothing i could do to even protect the towers.

Cloudy

12-27-2010

Clairvoyance.

Keep track of the enemy jungler, and support your teammates getting ganked by warning them in advance. This rammus with double buff ain't gonna waste his buffs to kill jungle creeps. Or maybe you caught him trying to dragon, and you can organize a gank.

Maybe you see two teammates chasing after a low hp enemy and there are several mia's. Clairvoyance ahead of them to see whether they get counter ganked. A good early game usually leads to a better end game thus increasing your chance to win the game. Clairvoyance so OP in this elo.

Miltus

12-27-2010

I like playing Shen myself, but no matter how awesomely good you are you will still lose if your carry sucks. So...

Play a carry yourself, if you get farmed enough you should have a decent shot at winning even with a horrible team. Though Akali and Malzahar should both be able to end the game quickly if you get fed enough.

ironblades

12-27-2010

best way to get out of that range is to que dodge, not enough to get banned but to increase your losses. Eventualy you will hit 1200 and be out of that range.

Truthfully your at a range that is way above 70% the playing ability of lol be happy. (50% are below 1200 if rember correctly)

Sceptre Prison

12-27-2010

Quote:
Cloudy:
Clairvoyance.

Thanks for good advice. Duh, it didn't even occur to me how effective Clairvoyance could be. So many instances when I have powerlessly watched as a jungler comes out of the jungle at the other end of the map and ganks a teammate.

Also, good points Dragonhunter. I've been working to buy more jungle champs, as my main one (amumu) is almost always banned. Ty ty. Going to try out these suggestions..

Alex Pan

12-27-2010

Get better at the game