Help me play league of legends on my tv screen. please.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BruisingPrune

12-26-2013

see if you can get your hands on another hdmi cable (borrow one from a friend or a coworker or something) and test and see if that one works. it could always be a faulty cord

Sir Azural

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-26-2013

Is it a Samsung TV? Some of them get a little buggy on that menu where you can still select the correct greyed-out input and it will still work.

KevGatz

12-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazer napkins View Post
.__. my tv has an input button.
it lists the dvd player, tv, and three hdmi options.
however, the three hdmi ports are greyed out.
A. (this may sound dumb, but must be asked) is the cord connected to the tv?
B. Is the PC set to extend to the 2nd monitor? (I ask this because some TV's wont detect the HDMI if it is "inactive" and not actively sending data to the TV.)
C. Does the TV Manual say anything special about it's HDMI ports (does it need to use HDCP?)
D. Do you have any other HDMI devices (xbox etc) that you can test to see if the TV recognizes?
E. Do you have another HDMI capable monitor to test to make sure your graphics card is sending the signal?
F. Can you select the greyed out HDMI options anyway? if so do that and test.

That is the process i'd start with.

Draygo Korvan

12-26-2013

Important question, your video card:
Is it AMD, Nvidia, Intel HD?

Jukka Sarasti

12-26-2013

If your TV isn't picking up a signal, have you set your computer display to "Extend these displays"?

If not, right click your desktop, look for the screen resolution option, then, when that screen pops up, you should see an option for Multiple Displays. Select - Extend desktop to this display. Then it should give output the TV should pick up.

My path to that screen is: Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Display\Screen Resolution

Janna Bot

12-26-2013

Alright guys, update time~

We got the screen to work, however: It only displays my background from my laptop. Current applications, my desktop icons, nothing else shows up.
what now? D:

Draygo Korvan

12-26-2013

Sounds like he enabled the display extension. Not sure if its extending to the HDMI port, it could be extending to a VGA/HDMI instead.

I would like to know what video card the OP has, or if laptop if there is any discrete graphics chip or is it using 'built' in graphics like Intel HD.

Draygo Korvan

12-26-2013

lazer, that is because the desktop is extended. If you want to show on the TV what is on your desktop you need to clone your desktop on the external monitor.

The steps to do this vary based on what video drivers you are using.

Right now you can drag applications to the second window depending which direction is is cloned (probably extending off the right by default, so drag a window off the right edge of your screen then it should show up on your TV.

Janna Bot

12-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draygo Korvan View Post
Sounds like he enabled the display extension. Not sure if its extending to the HDMI port, it could be extending to a VGA/HDMI instead.

I would like to know what video card the OP has, or if laptop if there is any discrete graphics chip or is it using 'built' in graphics like Intel HD.

I can tell you what the stickers on the laptop say, lol
AMD A-ten elite quad core
and
radeon dual graphics.

Janna Bot

12-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draygo Korvan View Post
lazer, that is because the desktop is extended. If you want to show on the TV what is on your desktop you need to clone your desktop on the external monitor.

The steps to do this vary based on what video drivers you are using.

Right now you can drag applications to the second window depending which direction is is cloned (probably extending off the right by default, so drag a window off the right edge of your screen then it should show up on your TV.
tell me what i need to tell you.