Health Pots/Mana Pots

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phoxly

12-29-2009

Every build says something like:

Boots + 2x HP pots

Are they really that important/viable? I have never bought a consumable before, and never once thought I wished I had one.

Unemployed Ninja

12-29-2009

i rarely buy consumables my self the only times i do are if im blue team with shaco (who ive only used once or twice in ages) for my almost insta gank at level 2 using an elixir of fortitude or if i had the spare money with eve or twitch on the enemy team

Jerbuddy

12-29-2009

Consumable items take a little getting used to but they are well worth it, in the case of health and mana pots the cost is really nothing and early game they can mean the difference between getting first blood and being first blood

Health Potion: Keeps you in lane, lets you be a bit more aggressive in last hitting and fights, they heal slowly over time but you can stack a ton and their cheap.
Edit: I mean keep a ton in your inventory, using multiple doesn't stack. sorry for any confusion

Mana Potion: Mana potion is a bit trickier, and normally favors aggressive play with a mana heavy champ. they also have extra benifit on champs with healing, as you can drink the pot and use the mana to heal your lanemate.

Wards/Oracles/elixirs: All great items with their own reasons for each, But given the title, ill assume you know about them.

JunkRamen

12-29-2009

I've never used a mana pot yet but I can see how certain champions would start with them, especially if they know who their laning partner is going to buy (eg: buy mana pots if you're laning as Nunu with Taric or something)

tenebre

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-29-2009

If you look at it, a pot is only like 2 creeps worth of money for 200 health or mana. I agree that it takes some getting used to but I feel that it is worth it early game.