Anyone tried Energy Runes?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Uber Bonisseur

12-26-2010

What ?

Akali can run out of energy ?

EEZ NOT POSSIBLE.

DarkShurelia

Associate Game Designer

12-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nybass View Post
You're asking the wrong person whether its worth it or not. Riot staff members don't have to grind the IP for their runes lol...
This is true. Liezryou uses them and he's a pretty good player.

Hebacheba

12-26-2010

I paid for my energy regen per level runes and I'd say they're worth it on Akali.

Talamare

12-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nybass View Post
You're asking the wrong person whether its worth it or not. Riot staff members don't have to grind the IP for their runes lol...

I mean, even if its worth using energy runes over other runes, is it worth the cost in IP for spending like 7+k ip points for a set of them?
This

GhostDieM

12-26-2010

I run energy per level seals on Kennen and it feels a lot better. Together with cd red Glyphs I can get off 2 combo rotations in a big teamfight. Without them... not so much

IWasteAllMyTime

12-26-2010

I bought them because I play Kennen and Shen regularly. They make harassing and chasing a lot easier, but its harder to say if they are better than dodge.

The Boz

12-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShurelia View Post
It's decent. Its hard to quantify though because its hard to really feel it. I do notice that I'm able to stay on a target attacking for longer, especially towards end game.
Wouldn't it be much better to use flat max energy runes, so you can use all your skills in a single combo as Shen or Kennen? It would also help Akali with staying on target longer, because you'd already have excess energy to use after your combo.

HateYerGuts

12-26-2010

If they'd let us buy runes with RP *whistle*.

Kithas48

12-26-2010

I use energy regen/level yellows on kennen and you can definately feel it, very much worth it if you can afford the IP.

coons

12-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShurelia View Post
This is true. Liezryou uses them and he's a pretty good player.
yo shurelia, just a thought maybe we could cut the prices on runes in half i mean honestly it takes so **** long to get a full set of runes just for one champ and a guy like me who changes champs every game because i love variaty.. well your ****ing me over