Shaco: Laning, Jungling, Teamfights

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ikeblade

12-26-2010

I'm interested in Shaco but a little afraid, as Riot enjoys hitting this little bugger with the nerf bat at every opportunity. Until the next patch...how is he right now?

I have gone vs. him in a lane and honestly...it's a joke, no matter who I play as. On the other hand...some good jungling Shacos have torn my team apart.

What is the proper way to jungle with him? I have little to no jungle experience so nothing is assumed

What is the best role he can fill late game? Jump into teamfights after tank? Push the side lane and drop a tower or two during the fight?

Nyhilus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-26-2010

Proper way of jungling Shaco:

- Set up JitBs at level 1. After hitting 4 and clearing your entire jungle, you won't need JitBs to jungle efficiently anymore, really.
- Counter-jungle whenever you can. Steal those wraiths, that red, that blue. Make it a living hell to jungle for the other team.
- Gank all the time. Gank. All. The. Time. You just ganked top? Do it again? Failed ganking mid? Watch them walk back into lane and just deceive into them again and finish them again. Silly fools.
- Don't get caught anywhere - ever (unless you're baiting).

Shaco fills many roles late-game. He can teamfight very well and push towers well. He also has extreme mobility. If your team needs lanes pushed, he's the man to send to push the lane. He'll take baron in under 20 seconds (with Hallucinate up). Pretty much, he'll make it a living hell for the other team all game. All game. I promise.

Shaco's primary role:
Screwing with the other team. Make them scared. Make them annoyed. Make them frustrated.

My favourite trick when I'm holding a lane for a teammate is randomly deceiving while the opponent's there. They just back away...all the way to their turret. They think someone's coming to gank them or that you're about to gank them. But really...you're just scaring them and denying them last hits and experience when you do that. You can then giggle and continue holding the lane or go back to jungling/counter-jungling.

ImpGuard

12-26-2010

I have yet to figure out a way to successfully teamfight with Shaco. If the enemy is smart, you'll die on the first stun. He's much too squishy even with a decent amount of Armor and Magic Resist, it feels like he gets squashed when focused faster than any other character.

On jungling and ganking though, Sylent One basically said it all.

Unclephillip

12-26-2010

Shaco is currently my main ( Ibought him a while back), I'm using him to carry myself out of ELO Hel..

This is from the perspective of a lane because I hate jungling (incoming downvotes).

Jungling is good but I prefer laning, its just my personality and playstyle.

Now when laning I get a Dorans Shield+Mana Pot.

Basically just try to lasthit with Shiv or auto attacks. Vs an easy lane I can farm a BF Sword into a Bloodthrister with no problem.

If you aren't getting that much gold just go for an early Madreds.

Always, always,always buy a Banshee Veil as Shaco I can't stress that enough, it's saved me so many times.

Unclephillip

12-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpGuard View Post
I have yet to figure out a way to successfully teamfight with Shaco. If the enemy is smart, you'll die on the first stun. He's much too squishy even with a decent amount of Armor and Magic Resist, it feels like he gets squashed when focused faster than any other character.

Banshee Veil

Hide in a corner until your team engages and run in and gank whoever is lowest of squishies. I always ult after my first attack to confuse the enemy.

Don't try chances, get in attack, and leave.

Nyhilus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpGuard View Post

Shaco's teamfight ability is great - especially if there are brushes around or walls (which is around everywhere all the time). The main thing is - don't get stunned. Ever. You see that Taric coming towards you? Just go into a brush and set a JitB. Then deceive over a wall when they get feared.

If you're getting focused first in a teamfight there are two things you can do:

1) Hallucinate - This forces whoever is focusing you to de-aggro you and have to re-select you to kill you. This makes their damage consistency go down significantly and wastes time. They will often change focus - if they don't...
2) Deceive away into a brush or over a wall. Then proceed to walk back into the fight.

In all honesty, I have NEVER found hard CC to be a real problem when I play Shaco just because I'll just hop over that wall or into the path that I already have a JitB set up in

Also, with Wriggle's Lantern and Madred's Bloodrazor, you'll be regaining your health pretty quickly in a teamfight (especially with Hallucinate up).

Shaco isn't really in the teamfight all the time. He's there and he's gone. And then he's there again. That's his strongest ability in a teamfight. To be there one second and then to not be there the next. Then he's back again. It really messes with the opponents.

If they chase you, then your team is going to just crush them. If they don't chase you, then you just walk back in and they most likely won't change their target back to you instantly.

spiritconsumer

12-26-2010

I play 3v3 so my sh*t will prob be diff than yours, but here's my 2 cents.

As mentioned above, get Jack in the box at lvl 1 and begin laying them near a tough Mob. For the 3v3 i lay them right on top of the lizard. This allows me to gank the team if they run into them, kill the lizard if nobody touches the boxes, or even run INTO the boxes if i'm in trouble from the beginning. Either way on TT you will probably get either FB or the Lizard. If you get lizard i instantly go to another mob, smite, and continue. Doing it in this manner gets you slightly above the enemy level very early, allowing you to then immediately go for a gank. If the gank fails, just go back to jungling.

As a jungler it's pretty important to get Madreds Razors, and you can turn that into the Lamp thingy majigger, or just Bloodrazor. If they have tanks up the balls, i would prob do BR.

There are really only 3 items i get in TT before the game ends:
Boots
Madreds Bloodrazor
Boots>Zerkers
Life Steal Item (Starks or Bloodthirster)

by this team it's gg. I don't know if it'll help you, but this is how i romp with shaco pretty easily on TT. Hope it helps.

MCF

Recruiter

12-26-2010

does any1 know some good shaco (guide) videos?

ikeblade

12-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCF View Post
does any1 know some good shaco (guide) videos?
^this
bump

Nyhilus

12-26-2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRXhm...eature=related
^
How to jungle Shaco most quickly and efficiently (ready to gank right when you clear entire jungle - no need to go back; health is at least half when you're done; you have double buffs).

Umm...other guides on how to play him...you could look for Reginald's Shaco guide on YouTube, but it's a guide from before his nerfs...but I think the best way of playing Shaco is to develop your own style after understanding the strengths and weaknesses of each of his abilities. (Heck, I think this is the best way to learn any champion, haha)