Cassiopeia: An Informal Guide

123456 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nevrus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-27-2010

I just want to bump this thread because the guide is now basically complete.

Grinningsphinx

12-27-2010

on TT you have to change it up a bit

ive used

9/0/21

14 Spell Pen, the rest mp5 per level..think its 28 at max

rush tear of goddess---DEFINETLY THE MUST HAVE ITEM.....this item lets you abuse Q...seriously.

boots will be swiftness or treads, depending on how much CC they have

regen amulet to Force of Nature. Youll need this to stay in lane/jungle. Trust me...you need some kind of defence and this is good.

Finish AA Staff.

next is Rylais or Haunting Guise, depending on your gold Income....bonus Spell pen is VERY important to DoTs due to the way ticks are calculated but not as good as Rylais perma slow with good Blast placement.

Game should be over by now, but if youve been killing like a fiend you can pick up Zhonyas/Guardian Angel.

Best lane mates are tanky dps that pack stuns/slows. If you have a lanemate that can regen, so much the better as they can take all the harassment. I would NOT recommend you go solo top, as she is VERY squishy to typical top lane champs.

I have some great games with Cass lately after practising, and i cannot stress enough how much that damage/slow pool can change the game. Its an AMAZING skill on TT because of the very low CD and the tight lanes.

GL

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

12-28-2010

Nice guide. You could use some bolded section titles just to make it a bit easier to read.

Nevrus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-28-2010

With that having been said I've done a little more formatting.

Fumobix

12-28-2010

i just played cass and i must say it sucks, people ignored me killed my whole team (except for the tank) and then killed me, sometimes i killed someone because of the dot but i got like 4 kills max

Nevrus

12-28-2010

Cass requires a lot of skill and bravado to play well, and she especially requires doing well early game to make for a cushy and deadly late game. Keep trying at her, eventually you'll be the deadly viper you were meant to be!

Kevins ManHoe

12-28-2010

Lol i just went 13/2 with cass. I like the beginning of your items but I rushed rylais cause the enemy lane had too much burst damage. My masteries were the basic 9/0/21 branching for the 15% spell pen, and m regen/CD. I have to say shes one of the best dps casters if you can play her

Nevrus

12-29-2010

I quite agree. I would rush Rylai's, but the building AP of Mejai's really pays off late game and keeps you progressively deadly early game. If you're skilled enough, as a previous poster noted, you don't really NEED Rylai's... If you can land your skills enough you'll be able to keep up. But Rylai's makes it much easier to consistently land abilities, and you can keep enemies slowed for your team.

I'd say if you're having trouble with the enemy doing burst damage, get the Giant's Belt before Mejai's but finish Mejai's before Rylai's. You want to be in a position to start stacking up as soon as you get your helpful slow.

I'm glad my guide was helpful!

Zelinna

12-29-2010

Good guide... I have been playing her since her release and this is pretty much the same build I use and I have been doing quite well with her.

However, I usually take boots of speed or boots of mobility. Mobility sounds like a weird choice but has saved my life on more than a couple of occasions especially when used in conjunction with a noxious blast speed boost.

I also agree that getting Mejal's as soon as possible will greatly enhance your game and also allow you to build defensive items (if you need to) without hurting your damage much.

I also really like Abyssal Scepter on her when there is at least 2 magic dealers on the enemy side.

andro14

12-29-2010

I like ur guide except where you say to pick up Mejai with only having ghost as an escape mechanism and not even building tanky items first (you build archangel before rylais). What mejai does is forces the enemy to target you first, especially when Cass abilities have low range. She is squishy and w/o the movement speed bonus she is very slow, thus when you are getting focused you will die. I prefer to use hunting guise instead of mejai, it gives health, ap and magic pen.

Other than that, you should always get blue buff asap. At lvl 5 she bursts down the golem so fast.Also, if you want your mejai so bad, you can skip the archangel staff altogether, rush a rylai then get your mejai (yes after you get rylai) in conjuction of the blue buff for the mana upkeep.

123456 ... 10