@Riot(please answer): Eu's current state in terms of competetive play.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Candy Panda

12-26-2010

Quote:
Dear community, dear Riot,

I have to complain about LoL's competetive scene. Since my team disbanded, and I wanted to make a new motivated team to compete in the 100000$ tournament I noticed it is extremly hard to find new, motivated and good people who just joined the competetive scene.

At the moment there are probably 4 teams that I would consider good enough to compete in the worldwide competition (including Us, Asia) of LoL. These 4 are including Sk-Gaming, aAa, FurIR and Team-BIRTH. I dont say other team arent good enough but other good teams like Team Testo(now: Competo), Striptease, tictacs or MTG either lack player skill or the needed motivation and the competetive 6th-sense you need.
Then there are upcoming teams who promise a bit of competition if they keep on. These are for example BRO-gamers, Tunnel Vision or the old Spanish Most Wanted(Now Dimegio), so Im excited how that goes. All the new reforms of team may be because everyone wants to find HIS team for the big tournament on the horizon, BUT, and heres my point, ALL the players in those teams are old veterans who played for a long time in the competetive scene and now just gambled around new teams.

LoL is lacking the needed technical equip( Observer mode, Replays, Teams(in the launcher), Team Ladder, PAUSE BUTTON(even tetris had one) and other major features to motivate new players to join the high ELO scene.

At the momemt there are probably 50 people good enough to compete in this High ELO-scene, 20 of them are stuck in teams with their reallife mates, got problems IRL that keep them of playing serious etc etc.

If this goes on the 100,000$ tournament will be extremly boring and predictable and I would BET that if the tournament would be tomorrow Skgaming would win in a one-sided 2-0(EU only ofc.)

So please Riot do something for your competetive scene.

-CandyPanda.
I dont know how this is in US but thats the current state in EU and it would be a pleasure to see a Red answering to this

NESL NightRage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Panda View Post
I dont know how this is in US but thats the current state in EU and it would be a pleasure to see a Red answering to this
Euro forums are that way --->

Lyov

12-26-2010

Hey!
SKGaming said they may be leaving LoL.

Most US LoL players don't care, unfortunately. The competitive scene for this game will never get big, it is engineered and balanced for casuals, therefore, this will not be competitive. I apologize OP!

Candy Panda

12-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightRage View Post
Euro forums are that way --->
I posted this here because usually Reds dont post in EU

durpado

12-26-2010

Pretty sure everyone agrees and the casuals that want more more more are just being selfish. Before the graphic update or maps or new whistles the competitive scene needs its competitive features. Replays and observer are key and were promised long ago. Frankly, Riot already controls the casual market for MOBAs but they aren't(from what we have been given to see) taking advantage of that and turning up the heat for competitive play. We need competitive play.

I am a pure casual but I love to watch all the tournaments if I can and watch streams a lot. This game could be amazing for hardcores but it just doesn't look like its happening at the speed it needs to..

When RiotMarcuo(sorry if spelled wrong) was hired I was excited because I expected the competitive scene to explode and to get the new features soon but nothing has happened since he joined other than 3 new forum sections. Pretty sad and I understand both the US and EU players frustration.

Nyhilus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-26-2010

It seems as if the US competitive scene might be in a worse state than EU's. This is because CLG has pretty much monopolized the best players on the NA server. I mean, yeah, there may be one or two other teams out there that can play against CLG (like the Korean team), but again, it really doesn't seem to be in any better shape than EU's situation.

Lyov

12-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sylent One View Post
It seems as if the US competitive scene might be in a worse state than EU's. This is because CLG has pretty much monopolized the best players on the NA server. I mean, yeah, there may be one or two other teams out there that can play against CLG (like the Korean team), but again, it really doesn't seem to be in any better shape than EU's situation.
The funny part is that the Korean team is actually a professional StarCraft I team, and they are extremely good. I recall reading that they do LoL as a side, because it is not their main focus in competitive gaming.

MusicJazz

12-26-2010

Riot on vaccation, wont be hearing from them for a bit