Smurfs are good for the community

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Condescending

12-26-2010

That is all

Zero74

12-26-2010

Thanks!

Condescending

12-26-2010

Why am i being downvoted? I am completely serious! Smurfs help the noobs learn to take a good butt woopin.

Satiriques

12-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Condescending View Post
Why am i being downvoted? I am completely serious! Smurfs help the noobs learn to take a good butt woopin.
And how does it help them?

Fucshia

12-26-2010

When newer players start out, and the very first game they play is against a team with two smurfs on it, they tend to be a bit discouraged. It's not good for a game when the incoming population essentially gets the message that they aren't good enough to play this game, especially on the very first one they play.

Then again, I remember my first game. I got stomped by what I would now say were obviously smurfs, and that motivated me to play more so I could get better.

Then again, I'm strange. Or, at least, not among the majority.

Krosan

12-26-2010

I suppose they can be, for example if they're the type of person who supports their team and makes lots of constructive criticism and gives plenty of advice to friend and foe.

Unfortunately, most of the people who smurf are not the type to do that; they're the type who like to go 30/0/5 as Katarina and laugh at the newbie and their stun-less team.

Condescending

12-26-2010

I think it helps to send "positive" messages through all chat, encouraging them to fight you 1v1.

Rich Nips

12-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fucshia View Post
When newer players start out, and the very first game they play is against a team with two smurfs on it, they tend to be a bit discouraged. It's not good for a game when the incoming population essentially gets the message that they aren't good enough to play this game, especially on the very first one they play.

Then again, I remember my first game. I got stomped by what I would now say were obviously smurfs, and that motivated me to play more so I could get better.

Then again, I'm strange. Or, at least, not among the majority.
This.