LOL "Stealth overhaul"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AnAnarchist

12-26-2010

I'm lmao at all the stealth discussion... It's as if it's gonna pop up in the next patch or two. People need to realize it's at least a year away.

Seriously.

If you've been around long enough, consider how long it took RIOT to rework TF. He was in God Mode state for about 6 months before they eventually made a version they were happy to release.

Consider the long awaited Eve rework. Again about 6 months or so and it didn't even get to the stage where they were happy to release it. Essentially the Eve rework was a failed project.

Now consider that this "stealth overhaul" requires complete reworks to Eve, Shaco, Twitch and lesser tweaks to both Akali and Teemo.

Not to mention the technical aspects of reworking a CORE game mechanic. The tech team are slower to role out changes than the balance team! Replays? Observer mode? Yeah...

Oh I forgot to mention ward / oracle reworks...

Seriously don't waste your time worrying over it.

At best it's a year minimum away and I'd say there's a fair chance it'll never happen at all.

Sad but true.

A Pack Of Nerds

12-26-2010

What will I do to entertain myself between now and then? I'd rather make blind predictions and question the sexuality of Riot staff tyvm.

BriefEternity

12-26-2010

Oh really, a game mechanic that could possibly ruin the entire game is going to take awhile to develop? You don't say..

Krosan

12-26-2010

Eve rework was ****canned because they could not make her workable within the current stealth system without unleashing an absolute monster, not because design team isn't good at their jobs.

Yes, three champions are going to need some balance changes to deal with any new stealth champions... but on the other hand, bear in mind that they're almost assuredly never going to release any more stealth assassin type characters until the rework goes through, simply because the stealth mechanics here are so crappy. If we ever see another stealth, it'll probably be localized (Teemo can't-move style or Akali limited-area style) or have a duration measured in seconds (like Shaco minus the blink).

Commander Yordle

12-26-2010

We can still dream!