Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Solution to Slow download ( maybe!! )

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Oxypot

02-01-2011

Quote:
Adanedhel Boldin:
didnt work for me,switched from mozilla to IE and nothing,thanks anyway and congrats to the ppl who could fix it

so far im closing and opening the patcher for a 1% download at time,lol

Same thing's happening to me...I have to sit here and check it all the time until it finishes since it will start to download, intermittently at that, and then all of a sudden will just stop until I close the launcher and re open it. Does anyone understand why it does this because I also have changed my default browser to IE, I turned off my firewall for the time being, and allowed lol.launcher as an exception in my anti-virus. Even as I write this, my download just stopped and I needed to restart it. PLEASE HELP!!

Hige

02-01-2011

same here, I haven't changed my default browser (cuz I honestly wouldn't know how to change it back...) I had to open and close the launcher... but... since the forums are up and I'm able to access them the download has stabilized somehow O.o... weird

Just a Jigga

02-01-2011

im up to 25 kbs but fingures crossed for riot

NoamMa

07-03-2011

Thanks!
Im upgrading Win XP to Win 7 and one of the first things I've done is download LOL cause I want to play already!
I got so disapointed when i saw that the speed is 60bps... but after your solution its more like 300kbps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you helped me a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WORKS LIKE MAGIC
P.S. hope to get rid of iexploer as my default cause chrome is so much better lol....
Again, thatk you so much!!

Charliechuckle

08-25-2011

Actually, the truth behind this slow download is because MICROSOFT auto installed an update to Windows Vista (or 7) that forced Firefox or any non-explorer browser to install their virus without even asking the user. It's under add-ons as Microsoft.Net... , There used to be no way to remove the microsoft made virus; but the press found out about it and whined. Now there should be a way to disable it temporarily. Microsoft won't let you remove it even now.

XHappyBoyX

08-28-2011

Ugggh this thing is so slow

Jung Or Feed

11-13-2012

1. disable firewall/anti virus for a short period of time (worked for me)
2. Uninstall pando media booster
3. Run as admin

Jung Or Feed

11-13-2012

Quote:
Oxypot:
Same thing's happening to me...I have to sit here and check it all the time until it finishes since it will start to download, intermittently at that, and then all of a sudden will just stop until I close the launcher and re open it. Does anyone understand why it does this because I also have changed my default browser to IE, I turned off my firewall for the time being, and allowed lol.launcher as an exception in my anti-virus. Even as I write this, my download just stopped and I needed to restart it. PLEASE HELP!!

Uninstall pando media booster run as admin and dont make an exception temporairly disable anti virus

Xernith

02-21-2013

Wonderful, switched from Chrome to IE, works like a charm.

Rinchhen

07-20-2013

You sir are a Genius Ty for this lovely post