Solution to Slow download ( maybe!! )

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Weeri

12-29-2009

Ok first of this isn't for people who have slow internet altogether, this is for people who try downloading the installer and patches but are finding download speeds well below there average or not even downloading at all.

It might not work for everyones problems but I had problems on both my computers were it would start downloading at normal speed but would slowly get slower and slower until it would stop altogether and it fixed them.

The LoL Launcher is pretty much a custom web-page and downloads from the site Riot uses and it can conflict with browsers that are your default. Not sure while it causes problems but if you set your default browser to Internet Explorer it seems to fix some problems.

For me I had problems with Chrome but i haven't tried Mozilla so it might take some tinkering.

Again just suggesting a fix that might work for some people.

MistaWonderful

01-13-2010

i use google chrome as well and was starting at 150 kb/sec then would ultimately go down to 5 kb/sec... made IE my default browser and its cruising now. Worked for me... nice find

Phallus Pharisee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoffa View Post
i use google chrome as well and was starting at 150 kb/sec then would ultimately go down to 5 kb/sec... made IE my default browser and its cruising now. Worked for me... nice find
i used firefox as default and it wud stay at 0% but i just changed to ie and waiting for it to move off 0%...

do u know the website i can download all the patch files directly from? and just manually patch my game

Evil Emperor

08-14-2010

Weeri, thanks a lot! This worked for me, the download went from 40 kb/s tot 600 kb/s. Thanks!

GreyLines

10-21-2010

Worked like a charm, thanks mate

DaMaseMan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-03-2010

Hey i had the same problem, and after i tried this it went from 10b/s to 200kb/s which is still really slow... do you have any other solutions? thnx

Conknex

11-03-2010

i did that it's still at around 10kb/s. By the way i have wireless high-speed internet so that's not the probem.

Conknex

11-03-2010

holy **** lol. I just disconnected my router and connect it and again and now i'm cruising at 800kb/s lol. I tt hink i just had to do that but maybe the ie default helped.

HookCityDragoon

02-01-2011

Bump to this it is working
Switched FF 3.0 to IE (32bit)

wickedsunny

02-01-2011

worked on 64 bit win 7 too, my average rate is 100 kbps and it surges to 100 kbps, then start falling to 30 kbps and then surges back to 100 kbps now.

Thanks