Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Alistar good in ranked?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YUNGKOREA

12-26-2010

So I played alot of Ali in the past in normal games. But I've been cautious for not playing him in ranked because of other people telling me he's bad.

I play Shen mostly since that's really the only tank avaliable in my ELO.
What are you guy's opinion, Shen > Ali or Ali > Shen.

im currently 1493 ELO if that helps for the people who i'm playing with

Imaqtpie

Recruiter

12-26-2010

everyone is good in ranked, its not so much the hero in solo queue as it is the players.

Saferwaters

12-26-2010

Well, Shen is definitely a "better" champ because of his global presence and fantastic tankiness. However, I have heard rumors of AP Headbutt Alistar being really good. The basic strat is to max Headbut and constantly spam Headbutt. Both Headbut and Pulverize have a 1.o AP ratio (heal has .4) which means as a solo mid champ... he can deal out good damage and even deny creep kills/exp with a well timed W to push them out of range.

He can be played pretty well as a burst damager/support.

Salamandra

12-26-2010

Not in solo queue need to arranged in order to have the right team comp for ali

HowlingKommando

12-26-2010

Alistar has some niche uses regardless of ranked or normal.

However, Shen's versatility is greater thus he's by far the safer choice if you're playing solo queue.

RygorMortis

12-26-2010

Alistar has the ability to be played as either a tank or an AP champ since as mentioned, both headbut and pulverize have a 1.0 ratio, and even if you build him AP, you get 6 seconds of tanking from his ult. Plus his heals are great at keeping a push going, something Shen's q cant do

Dapacman

12-26-2010

You REALLY need to know what you're doing with him for him to be good in ranked, but he absolutely can be good if you play him right.

SavageMinnow

12-26-2010

If you're good at Alistar, give it a shot. Either it works out or you stop playing him, right?

Teammates being whiny *****es is probably the biggest problem Alistar can cause, but people are whiny *****es at anything. I still get problems picking Lux sometimes.