Dodging Ranked Games.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Titanium Apple

12-26-2010

I don't see why you have to get a leave and an ELO drop when you queue dodge. When you come into the game and all other 4 people scream: "solo mid ashe, kennen, teemo, malzahar," and the bans are master yi and swain because they "freaking hate swaina nd he is oppppp," you already know it's a loss. Then they start ragin about how he banned swain and not LeBlanc, and curses start flying and threats to afk and feed come out. It doesn't matter if you are the best player in the world, you can't win a game with 4 handicaps vs 5 decent players. There's no way out too. Dodge = loss. Play = loss.

Possible fixes:
1. Make matchmaking better, don't stack the tards on one side.
2. Allow dodging with only time penalties.
3. Have placement matches to determine your starting point. (like starcraft)

YUNGKOREA

12-26-2010

I don't think normal elo can convert into ranked elo.

One's blind pick and the other one is draft.
So i think that's why they didn't do that at the release of season 1

Togec

12-26-2010

Yes, I agree completely. edit: except the normal game to ranked game elo thing.

And if they don't get rid of that garbage, they can at least put a warning about the loss/leave incurred upon leaving, I got 4 leaves and 4 lost when I first started playing ranked, and I'll never get those back :'(.

Commander Yordle

12-26-2010

Pick Trynd

???????

Profit

Thunderbox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PretzelBagel View Post
Pick Teemo!

???????

Profit
Fixd?

HighSociety

12-26-2010

The point of it was so someone on the OTHER team wont dodge because they suddenly realized they got outpicked, or they didnt get the champs they want.

I do agree however, that sometimes people just pick god awful champs and you'd rather queue dodge than play out the game and lose anyway.

Kawaiiness

12-26-2010

Dodging puts stress on the system which causes server instability (limiting dodging has been one or riot's steps to creating server stability).

Aside from that, the draft mode takes easily 5 minutes itself. Just 2 dodges can have you waiting a good 17 minutes or more (5 for 3 drafts and wait time and load time), perhaps even 20, before you even manage to get into a game, and that's with only two dodges. Neither of which are yours so we aren't even counting the time that is added to that by your own dodging.

Perhaps matchmaking isn't perfect. I'm really not defending it, but dodging is not an acceptable solution to matchmaking's flaws due to the other problems that dodging bring with it.

Morzas

12-26-2010

If you could dodge without any rating penalty, people would abuse the hell out of it as soon as they see that the enemy team's lineup is "better" than yours. People wouldn't be able to get into games.

Besides, when you dodge, you're basically saying "I don't think I have a chance of winning, so I give up right now". Giving you a loss only makes sense, because that's the result you're expecting.

Titanium Apple

12-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaiiness View Post
Dodging puts stress on the system which causes server instability (limiting dodging has been one or riot's steps to creating server stability).

Aside from that, the draft mode takes easily 5 minutes itself. Just 2 dodges can have you waiting a good 17 minutes or more (5 for 3 drafts and wait time and load time), perhaps even 20, before you even manage to get into a game, and that's with only two dodges. Neither of which are yours so we aren't even counting the time that is added to that by your own dodging.

Perhaps matchmaking isn't perfect. I'm really not defending it, but dodging is not an acceptable solution to matchmaking's flaws due to the other problems that dodging bring with it.
That wasn't the point. It's when you join a queue and the moment champion selection starts, you know you're going to lose your hard earned ELO. It's extremely frustrating when you're under 1000 ELO because of leavers/ragers/afkers/feeders/noobs. You finally win a game and the next game, you just lost all of the ELO you gained. And the further down you get, the more this happens

Titanium Apple

12-26-2010

bump