Would RIOT Know The Answer?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ArlanKels

12-26-2010

So I have a nagging question always pestering at the corner of my mind.

If you haven't ever noticed, while playing the game there are two teams. One is Blue and one is Purple.
Blue tends to play near the bottom of the map and Purple tends to attack from the top.

I personally feel that playing as Blue is easier due to this, I personally(again) feel that Purple is at a disadvantage due to the placement of the HUD and overall how the perspective of the map looks.

Obviously this is all personal feelings and as such I was wondering...
Does RIOT keep track of the Blue/Purple win rates?

TalkMan

12-26-2010

yup. i read a similar thread before. and the rates were similar

Azuredragon653

12-26-2010

Originally, blue and purple were about 6% off. As a result, one of the teams gets a slightly higher elo than the other. I think the difference now is less than 1%.

Also, they have said they plan to fix this soon - they want to make it so everyone visually attacks up.

Necro Kitty

Recruiter

12-26-2010

they should just turn the map slightly so that both of the nexus's are horizontal

Japanadian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-26-2010

blue does have a slight advantage. however i feel that purple has the advantage in safely taking the dragon because your escape is right behind you

GeminiTroll

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-26-2010

If you unlock your camera, the disadvantage is almost non-existent.

TheIronFist

12-26-2010

Yeah the map discrepancies balance themselfs out. Blue normally does have an easier pushing time because the perspective of a the camera also points up and you can see more that way. Blue's golem is also slightly harder to fight around imo. Bottom's brush is actually a differant size from tops as well. Purple has easier dragon access though and that does benefit them.

Nialliv Repus

12-26-2010

As jungling Evelynn, the minions on the southeast half of the map are easier to kill with hate spike placement do to where they are situated... similar thing with Shaco JitBs

Kinneth

12-26-2010

For everyone that says "Why doesn't Riot just mirror the map for Purple / invert the map," this is impossible with the current map because they don't model the backsides of all those trees and whatnot you see all over the map. So an inverted map would just be filled with empty models and everything would be terribad.

ArlanKels

12-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronFist View Post
Yeah the map discrepancies balance themselfs out. Blue normally does have an easier pushing time because the perspective of a the camera also points up and you can see more that way. Blue's golem is also slightly harder to fight around imo. Bottom's brush is actually a differant size from tops as well. Purple has easier dragon access though and that does benefit them.
:O
Never realized there were so many differences.