Stealth is not the problem

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Louise

12-26-2010

if you don't already have a stealth "fix" in mind please consider.

it's not the stealth that you fear, it's the CC.

when eve stuns you and then 2 people proceed to wtfown you and you're down to 2 bars before you get to do anything it wasn't the stealth that killed you, it was that stun. the same is true for almost all ganks, it's the shaco permaslowing you as he crits into your ass all the way to the tower, it's the kasssadin warping out of the bush and splurging his purple nut all over you so you can't do anything (oh and hey here's a silence so you can't flash either). it's the singed goop or funky rock between you and safety that is what actually kills you.

it's this CC that enables the ganks and makes them successful and frightening. if you don't want people to towerhug, you need to lessen up the amount of CC you give out.

and definitely take the stun off of eve.

thank you for your time

trundling Trol

12-26-2010

if you take the stun of eve?
she becomes garbage
you: just buff her
now we have another shaco?

Iceyou

12-26-2010

You thought your own opinion was so much more then us you had to make a new thread to reply to a diff thread?

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...=1#post4953234

There ya go

Vectros

12-26-2010

Except most champions don't get the advantage of standing next to their opponents without them realizing it. I know when Kassadin is there if I use a regular Ward, and/or have good map awareness and saw him coming down river.

I don't know where Eve is when she hits stealth from top-she might be going mid, she might be coming bottom. Worse is when she jungles, then there's absolutely no way I can safely go past river. I can "remedy" the problem with sight wards, but those are a short duration that cover a small area. Not really worth it. I could get Oracles, but then I'll just get targeted and lose 400 gold.

Even if they got rid of the stun, it wouldn't change the fact that 1 ability would effectively force EVERYONE on a team to play super defensive.

Louise

12-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vectros View Post
Even if they got rid of the stun, it wouldn't change the fact that 1 ability would effectively force EVERYONE on a team to play super defensive.
this idea gets bandied about like it's a novel concept. but there's been junglers since day 1

you already have to be super defensive

Louise

12-26-2010

really the only other "fix" they could possibly put in is to have a warning graphic float over your head when there's a stealther "nearby" like some kinda spider sense :|

i think that would ruin stealthers more than just taking away their CC

Fluffy1

12-26-2010

you dont have time to react, even with oracles(since the range is terrible), do people fear rammus's CC? no cause they can see it comming a mile away and even if hes zooming fast you can react accordingly with position, team co-ordination or CC of your own, why should a a stealth player get the first strike even with careless play?

while its certainly counterable it cost a fair bit and requires timing and good map awareness, for many newer players this is something they wont learn for ages, for the more experienced players not so much of an issue

the CC isnt the issue though, what is very annoying though is although stealth is delayed by 2 seconds if you take damage even if you keep taking damage you still stealth after those 2 seconds, thats pretty messed up, and it lets that fed and snowballing twitch get away with far too much.

stealth was ok way back but things have changed alot and it clearly needs a remake to make it more interesting, more balanced for both the users and the receivers.

Louise

12-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy1 View Post
do people fear rammus's CC? no cause they can see it comming a mile away and even if hes zooming fast you can react accordingly with position,
that's what i said, it's the combination of CC and NOT being able to anticipate it. one without the other is NOT scary. if rammus didn't have the taunt would you care how fast he rolled at you? no. because it wouldn't matter once he got there, it would just be an even fight

Faeces

12-26-2010

Someone must learn to buy wards + oracles and not overextend hmhmhm ?

Gam0n

12-26-2010

I have only once faced eve.

It was with Evelynn and Blitz (the robot guy). They absolutely face ate me. Blitz would wait in the bushes, pull me and Evelynn would kill me. They both got fed this way and beat us with about 4 levels over us.