Jungling : The great Smite debate

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tendresse

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-26-2010

Howdy all.

I came here to ask this question : As a jungler who doesn't -need- smite to jungle (ie Warwick, Fiddlesticks, etc), should you still take Smite?

My main character is Warwick. He's the first character I've ever played, and I can safely say that I have played more than 50% of my 250 games with him (not level 30 yet). He's the furry love of my life. I have red numerous guides including Wazzabi's "High-ELO" Warwick guide, to no avail. I have yet to play a Ranked game, but the question has been tormenting my mind since quite a while now.

Wazzabi is proning Smite's ability to jungle faster, which gives you a much needed edge over the opposite junglers. Most of the people I play with claim that I'd be better off with an ability that scales better toward late game like Exhaust or Ghost.

Wat do? Is Wazzabi proning Smite because he's specifically stating it's a High-ELO guide, where early jungling/ganking/dragon/buffs is much more important than random normal/low ELO games?

So far, the arguments on both side look like this :

Smite :

• Increased jungling speed
  • Earlier Dragon
  • Much harder to get your buffs/dragon/baron stolen from you
  • Much easier to steal buffs/dragon/baron
  • Gold influx with the Smite mastery

No-Smite
  • Higher survivability troughout the entire game
  • 2 viable late-game spells instead of 1
  • Easier early ganks (especially on pre-6 WW)
  • The enemy might not realize you're actually jungling (with champs such as Rammus, Fiddle, Shaco, etc.)

What's your guys stance on this matter?

PS : Saying "Smite lulz." won't help. I don't really care what stance you're choosing, I want to know what are the arguments behind your choice.

RHINO Mk II

12-26-2010

inb4 Smite lulz

Bring it.

Takalah

12-26-2010

I still don't know how any1 who has played this game a couple times can't figure out that the jungler hero is in fact still gonna try to jungle even though there is no smite..

so if a whole team just let's that jackaloon do his jungle thing w/out even being bothered and let's him gank as he pleases.... HOLY ****, SON!

Vlademir Sol

12-26-2010

Always take smite, and the enemy will always know you are jungling if you take warwick. Smite is perfectly fine late game do you know how much of a disadvantage it is if the enemy steals your baron and catches your whole team off guard?

Solumas

12-26-2010

There is still a debate? Is smite needed? No. Does it make you life better? Yes.

N0TAC

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-26-2010

What Mr. Sol said.

Also, late game, smite can have other uses besides the stealing factor.

Granted, it's entirely dependant on your enemy team. They could have morde/heimer/malz/annie etc that have smiteable pets. It's not as awe inspiring as some of the other spells, sure, but it does help.

Stonewall008

12-26-2010

So if you don't have smite on Warwick are they automatically going to assume you're lanewick?

divine faithborn

Recruiter

12-26-2010

if you jungle take smite, not only does it help you jungle faster, it also helps you steal dragon/baron and the other junglers buffs as well.

Tendresse

12-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewall008 View Post
So if you don't have smite on Warwick are they automatically going to assume you're lanewick?
Really? Edited, didn't think I needed to specify it.

xNECROx

12-26-2010

All that is great but having someone steal your Baron/dragon makes you realize that its really too important..

12345 ... 6