Heimerdinger.

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Worst NA

Member

12-29-2009

I personaly do not think he is OP. his health is good, turrets. but also he is not much with out some good turrets protecting him. But i can wait till tomorrow when he is out of rotation!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nightguy13

Member

12-29-2009

Speaking as a player of the champion I think, myself, he is ridiculously Overpowered.
I have played multiple games and when I play him we win.. no matter what (not to be cocky but it is the truth) I have never lost a game (20 or so last few days with him) yet. His turrets by themselves can kill any carry/support class and most melee dps.. If they are going to stay like this, they might as well be a second ultimate.

His rockets are ccrazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzy imbalanced... the might as well make it a map wide range since the range on the beast is close to infinite.


The shock with blind AND STUN is overpowered as well and should be lowered or a debuff removed whether it be stun or blind either or..

When adding together all of the above and his massive hp count he is an anti-carry/dps/nuker/tank early, mid, and late game lol

I died to a yi two or so matches ago while playing Janna for the first time, and I was scrolling around the map and watched Heim's turrets single handedly take out annie, and then following annie soraka (soraka close to 3k hp) and then the turrets only being at half hp after both attacked them while running into them in the bushes..

anyways... that is my input on the ordeal or whatever, sorry for the fail grammar xD I am super tired and have one eye closed lololol xD anyways I am going to go nap now bai


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Roman Empire

Senior Member

12-29-2009

Heimer can (and always has been able to) single-handedly dominate a lane. His turrets protect him from harassment, ganks, and minions, and are nearly impossible to take out until level 10+. I've seen several matches where Heimer is 18 with the rest of the players around 13. You know there's a problem when I fear a nest of Heimer's turrets more than an inhibitor tower. A simple fix would be to limit the amount of turrets he can place, and/or make them despawn if he gets a certain distance away from them.

His rockets are a problem as well. Any passive ability that does huge damage to multiple champions from an extreme range is going to cause a problem. There needs to be some element of skill involved in using his rockets, and the range needs a major nerf.

His grenade is fine. It's pretty powerful compared to other skillshots but its slow as well. The only fix is to make it not damage towers, like every other skillshot in the game (besides Twitch).

He's not brutally overpowered, but he is extremely frustrating to play against.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

g lo

Member

12-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xahz View Post
A simple fix would be to limit the amount of turrets he can place, and/or make them despawn if he gets a certain distance away from them.

They do cap based on what level the ability is. 2/3/4/5/6 i think. Also he's squishy, when he gets away from twoers, kill him, and they despawn. You should play him so you understand what your up against, see what his weaknesses are, then counter him. Instead of crying OP to something you don't understand. This goes to the rest of you QQ's as well.


Last bit not so directed to you Xahz cus u didn't really cry OP, but its been gettin frustrating lately seeing people complain about champs they don't really understand.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Roman Empire

Senior Member

12-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by g lo View Post
They do cap based on what level the ability is. 2/3/4/5/6 i think. Also he's squishy, when he gets away from twoers, kill him, and they despawn. You should play him so you understand what your up against, see what his weaknesses are, then counter him. Instead of crying OP to something you don't understand. This goes to the rest of you QQ's as well.


Last bit not so directed to you Xahz cus u didn't really cry OP, but its been gettin frustrating lately seeing people complain about champs they don't really understand.
Meh, there are a lot of stupid mechanics that I don't think are overpowered. For example, I think stealth abilities and invincibility spells are idiotic and don't make for good gameplay. The only way to counter spells like that is to hard counter them, making the abilities useless and creating a mechanic that is not fun for either party involved. However, that being said, I wouldn't say that champions like Tryn or Eve are overpowered. In the same light, I think Heimer is based around silly passive abilities and not enough champion interaction. That doesn't make him overpowered, but it does make him in need of a change.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

g lo

Member

12-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xahz View Post
Meh, there are a lot of stupid mechanics that I don't think are overpowered. For example, I think stealth abilities and invincibility spells are idiotic and don't make for good gameplay.

I'd like to disagree. For example when facing kayle in teamfights you expect the guy your ff'ing to get shielded. You can counter by either bursting the ff before kayle can shield, or silencing/stunning kayle when it comes to shielding time, or letting him shield, stunning/slowing the previously ff'd person while u ff someone else, then come back to them once shield runs off. I'd like to think this adds challenge and depth to the gameplay.


A note on heimers autotarget rockets. The current system has it's downsides too. Early game you only have a chance of hitting the guy you want, so if an enemy is low health and running you could finish him or you could just as likely hit some full health champion. You have no control on who you hit, and you also can't shoot it if you can't see them. Ashe/Sivir/etc can get finishing blows on enemys who choose to run towards the jungle, heimer however won't see them and therefore can't shoot them. Sure he has his nades but that's easily dodged.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RageSomeMoar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

12-29-2009

Kamioni, it's really simple. And I'm not even trying to be a total ****** about it.. It's really simple: avoid them. The turrets' range is not even that big. And no the turrets do not need less HP because a Tryndamere came up to my turret nest once and destroyed them all solo without losing much HP. Even a Nunu came up and ultied my turrets once. Also Heimer's rockets only do serious damage if he goes serious AP build. And you also forget Heimer can easily be killed if he's focused. 'Nuff said.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Roman Empire

Senior Member

12-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by g lo View Post
I'd like to disagree. For example when facing kayle in teamfights you expect the guy your ff'ing to get shielded. You can counter by either bursting the ff before kayle can shield, or silencing/stunning kayle when it comes to shielding time, or letting him shield, stunning/slowing the previously ff'd person while u ff someone else, then come back to them once shield runs off. I'd like to think this adds challenge and depth to the gameplay.


A note on heimers autotarget rockets. The current system has it's downsides too. Early game you only have a chance of hitting the guy you want, so if an enemy is low health and running you could finish him or you could just as likely hit some full health champion. You have no control on who you hit, and you also can't shoot it if you can't see them. Ashe/Sivir/etc can get finishing blows on enemys who choose to run towards the jungle, heimer however won't see them and therefore can't shoot them. Sure he has his nades but that's easily dodged.
Of course its possible to counter, but you need such a ridiculous amount of CC and coordination just to counter one move. In a team fight that becomes almost impossible at all but the highest levels of play.

Think about Paladin bubble in WoW. At first, it was ludicrously overpowered. Then it was nerfed into oblivion, then buffed, then nerfed again. This trend went on for quite a while, with paladins themselves fluctuating between overpowered and underpowered because their entire class was based around their bubble. Eventually, they released a hard counter to the spell (Mass Dispel). This rendered Paladins useless for a large portion of the game because their most important defensive ability could be removed in less than a second. This made them godly against teams without Mass Dispel, and worthless versus a team with it.

League of Legends is only going to exacerbate these types of problems because champions only have a repertoire of four skills. I do agree that invincibility and stealth mechanics can be fun an dynamic at times. However, they're a balance nightmare and will ultimately result in frustration for the majority of the player base.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DayDemonz

Senior Member

12-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamioni View Post
Does anyone else think Heimerdinger is ridiculously OP? For the past week, when Heimer was free, the team who has him always wins because of him. I do not understand why he was buffed with the last patch. His turrets do too much damage. That is my main complaint. Everything else is fine, but his turrets are WAY too strong.
My team had heim, and he had a good score, we still lost


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Amethyzt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-29-2009

funny how heimer was "ridiculous" OP on the launch, later they nerfed him (when he die, his turrets gone with him) then he became 'Ridiculous" UP, so riot buffed him with a fast granede and 1 missile insted of 7, and he become "ridiculous" OP again, thats make me sad


123