I think Noxis gets treated unfairly in the lore

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HereticalWarlock

02-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaWugui View Post
The only good guys are the Stanpar.
Perhaps I think another truly good alignment is Trynd's barbarian tribe before the Noxian "pacification" campaign. They are just wandering nomads massacred by Noxians just for some phony reasons.

4death4

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-11-2011

I think your right about the propaganda thing, but I think the creators/ followers/ creations of the void pose a more 'evil' threat in the lore than Noxus.

True Ethos

02-11-2011

The beauty of Valoran is that none of the city states truly are evil. As some of the other summoners have said it is a giant swash of grey. One with insight will see that despite outer appearances Demacia and Noxus are two sides to the same coin. Their goals and view points may be different but their ends are almost always the same. As for the comments on anarchy there are only two city states with such view points. Bilgewater and their brood, and the unbridled Zaunites. Beyond those two city states calling any other anarchistic in nature is just slander.

Adrian Sidal, Private Investigator and Summoner of Piltover.

Hotarukin

02-12-2011

Demacia -does- have superior morality. That doesn't mean that they're 'good'. Demacia hasn't really defended other citystates so much as attacking Noxus wherever it goes. Demacia also has expanded its borders by making 'colonies' of nearby areas in order to better 'protect' them.

Noxus only gets a bad rap because they take the straightest line possible. They don't mess around, they don't worry about the little shop that they destroy by building their superhighway, they don't worry about the civilians of an area. They recognize that quarter is something reserved for friends, because showing quarter to an enemy is the difference between a limb and a life.

To use a modern day example, why send thousands of troops to war when you can instead just drop bombs on their cities? Because it's an atrocity? Isn't war already an atrocity? Why bother putting a pretty face on something that everyone knows is ugly? If you paint a viper pink, is his venom any less deadly?

MadDetective

02-13-2011

I don't know about anyone else but "good" military leaders don't tell men to march to their deaths and never retreat despite the odds.

DrakenViator

02-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDetective View Post
I don't know about anyone else but "good" military leaders don't tell men to march to their deaths and never retreat despite the odds.
I think if you look at history, you will see that most would consider you to be mistaken...

But that is really more of a moral question. Is it not 'good' to give your life to a greater idea? Is self sacrifice not a good thing, if it save others?

Don't get me wrong people have been marched to their deaths promoting some horrible ideals as well, but to broadly define 'good' like you have does not seem to fit common concepts of heroism.

Edit: Or maybe I just miss read your comment and you were trying to promote self sacrifice versus forced service...

Gentle Casca

02-13-2011

Demacia and Noxus are both militaristic city-states; one has a focus on rigid morality and the other recognizes power and power alone, no matter how it is gained. Neither of them could be classified as good or evil; they're the same place with different rules dictating how they act and because of that dichotomy, they're perpetually paired against one another. I think that because of the heinous actions committed by Noxians in the Ionian invasion, a lot of people feel as though Noxus is evil, but the truth is evil is in the eye of the beholder. Noxus, having the personality that it does as a proud and powerful nation, likely figured that the right decision was to make the war as quick and as brutal as possible to assert their dominance.