I think Noxis gets treated unfairly in the lore

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Narvuntien

12-25-2010

It seems a little unfair just to set up one city as "evil" and another as "good". I mean it is typical fantasy setting and all but it doesn't sit right.

There has to be political and military gains for slaughtering villages and a poisoning cities.
In war both sides commit horrible crimes but it seems it is only Noxis that does here.

The Lore comes off as propaganda for Demacia

Sure Noxis has command of the dead but that isn't necessarily evil is it.

I would like to see more of the dark side some of the other cities and the good side of Noxis afterall people still choose to live in Noxis.

NinajFridge

12-25-2010

There was a thread about this some time before so I'll manually quote it.

The Lore doesn't necessarily set them up as "good and evil". More extreme ends of the scale. Demacia is like Comunismistic militaristic. Noxus is a tame version of anarchy. It just seems that way because Demacia is all bright colors. When you get in depth you will see that Demacia is not the good guys. How many good fantasy cities cut off the hands of thieves.

Zorikan

12-26-2010

Well, what about Ionia? They seem to qualify as more of the 'good guy' spectrum than anyone.

Still, I can see both sides, but recently in one of their in-game news things, I believe it was brought up that there was more to Noxus than met the eye. Some high-ranking official giving a speech about how they had families to feed and defend too, just like anyone else. Something like that..

Anyway, we can only see a very distant and limited 3d person perspective of the parties involved. We aren't in the diplomatic core of it, we're like citizens of a different continent reading about them in the news. I'm sure as more comes to light, the lines between 'good' and 'evil' will become blurred, and driven primarily by personal bias (primarily, I would think, favorite champions). The same goes for most of the heroes, while a few are evil for sure, most of them; even the bad ones, have some spark or potential for hidden good sides. Very human, I would like to say, if it doesn't come off as too corny.

I really enjoy the lore, and would love to see more in the future.

KoalaDolphin

12-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinajFridge View Post
There was a thread about this some time before so I'll manually quote it.

The Lore doesn't necessarily set them up as "good and evil". More extreme ends of the scale. Demacia is like Comunismistic militaristic. Noxus is a tame version of anarchy. It just seems that way because Demacia is all bright colors. When you get in depth you will see that Demacia is not the good guys. How many good fantasy cities cut off the hands of thieves.
tamed anarchy ? wut ? how is having a strict high command and being obligated to serve in the military and perform your duty even near anarchy ? if anything noxus is a mix of fascism + capitalism.

Narvuntien

12-26-2010

ok it is true I only skimmed the surface by reading all the champions stories but every second one is their whole family was killed by Noxus assassins. As far as I can tell the only person who's life was ruined by any other city state was Warwick (although there is speculation about Cass).

yeah I am still confused which city is which sorry about that.

Munchlord

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-26-2010

Read Lux' judgement my good sir, and read it now. After that, if you have any questions left, come ask them.

ipleadthefif208

12-26-2010

ill say what i always say on these discussions. Demacia is a totalitarian dictatorship with the best propaganda department in the world.
-Isildur grand Advisor of Númenor and Speaker of the High Command

Scyrner

12-26-2010

One other thing on the "Demacia is good" point of view: If you read Luxanna's League Judgement transcript you will find that she was separated from her parents at a very young age in order to serve in the military which would also serve as her parents.

-Vertisimmon, Steward of the Council of Zaun

Griffon Steelgod

12-26-2010

Yeah, Lux's League Judgement clearly shows what a totalitarian militaristic dictatorship Demacia really is. Far from what I deem morally good. That's the reason why my grandparents fled from Demacia and sought refuge in Piltover in first place.

- Summoner Griffon Steelgod, member of Academy of Advanced Magical Studies, Piltover

Futhark

12-26-2010

Noxus: Modern Facist Dictatorship
Demacia: Feudal Imperial Dictatorship
Ionia: Benevolent Japan-esque triumvirate
Shadow Isles: Post Zombie-Apocalypse Society