Quintessences

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kajax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-27-2009

What quintessences are viable top-tier? I know HP used to be kind, are they still after the nerf to health?

Would getting static magic resist be smart as most champions need to go out of their way to build MR?

I generally don't play casters so I can stick to specializing in Offtank - Physical DPS generally.

WasabiCannon

12-27-2009

I personally stack Crit Dam %.
I am at around 20% and hit 130s start of the game.
And my end game build with Twitch hits me 900 - 1k crits

wildfire393

12-27-2009

Armor/Magic Penetration is always a good choice, as you can get a significant damage boost early game from them, and late game it still helps a noticeable amount, and it's also not available in anything else but marks.

Xetal

12-27-2009

Out of curiosity, does anyone use movement speed quints?

I haven't snagged a set for myself yet, but it seems like having 7.5% boost to movement from runes + masteries could be pretty game changing.

Without mastery/runes: 300 speed
With: 322.5

Without mastery/runes: 370
With: 397.75

They make Fiddlesticks faster than Singed.

Solo Mid Nasus

12-27-2009

With the utility boost and the quints you move at like 340-360 ms so its kind of like starting the game with lvl 1 boots. I'd say they worth it given the right champ.

dreamgame

12-27-2009

I'm not too sure about movement speed.
I can't see much on how it would help survive laning early game. Maybe being able to harass more often? idk.

Xetal

12-28-2009

dreamgame

Quote:
I'm not too sure about movement speed.
I can't see much on how it would help survive laning early game. Maybe being able to harass more often? idk.
I was thinking of it much more for aggressive play than survival. I'm going to get my last 2 levels before I spend anymore IP again though.

unentschieden

12-28-2009

Movement speed is valuable since itīs unstackable - you can only get one kind of Boots and not all items with Movespeed + help your current champ.
Itīs a universal Bonus that is hard to get otherwise and very usefull all around. Think of it like this: Which Champion DOESNīT get Boots? Outside of Movement they are garbage items.

vvolfster

12-28-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by unentschieden View Post
Movement speed is valuable since itīs unstackable - you can only get one kind of Boots and not all items with Movespeed + help your current champ.
Itīs a universal Bonus that is hard to get otherwise and very usefull all around. Think of it like this: Which Champion DOESNīT get Boots? Outside of Movement they are garbage items.
Agreed.

coty

12-28-2009

I like Movement speed quints for Shaco. I can walk into the bushes and deceive and walk across the lane to the next lane over and often help gank before they realize that I have left.

I like early game in general as well, especially if i am a melee and I am against ranged. It is also helpful in avoiding early skill shots, like Blitz's and Mundo's.

The thing is that you need to take advantage of them. If you stand still too long they aren't very helpful, but if you are constantly moving to harass/avoid harassment they can be a factor.