Cheapest Malphite build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sdjaks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-30-2009

Two snowball items means you are twice as weak when you start to get farmed, which you will. You're malphite who rushed a Guardian Angel, which will save your stacks once every five minutes. The rest of the time you will always be targeted first or you aren't doing your job.

StuffedTigga

12-30-2009

aegis
glacial shroud
banshee

need more armor? go Force of Nature or finish Frozen Heart

by adding all these armor you should be doing 300+ on your ground slam.
better then your ult. cheaper then your ult. faster then your ult.

frozenstar

12-31-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMantisX View Post
you are right, this guide is very very cheap

I think stacking AP on Malphite is suck suck But it might work on low ELO public matches.

I prefer CDR items + armor + mana...you are more useful with malphite if you use his ulti as often as possible, followed by groundslam to reduce enemy dps...then shard and then run out.
If you think you have a decent chance against decent players with AP malphite...good luck!

Mantis
i second that, malphite shouldnt have AP items(mejal), he is a tank and support so its pretty pointless to give him the additional damage. If your teammates are good enough, your ulti is enough to kill at least 1 or 2 champs

Ivandir

12-31-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenstar View Post
i second that, malphite shouldn't have AP items(mejal), he is a tank and support so its pretty pointless to give him the additional damage. If your teammates are good enough, your ulti is enough to kill at least 1 or 2 champs
Except if your teammates aren't that good and you need the extra 300-400 AOE damage it makes all the difference in a group of 2-3 enemies. Let me just say that as a Malphite with Guardian Angel I am not afraid of dying in a team fight in fact if I hit 3 enemy champions I am willing to die for the 3 stacks of Leviathan and Mejai's because i know guardian is up and by the time i get back those 3 enemies are dead or dying.

Most of my games usually go 1:1 K : D ratio and about 15-25 assists. I think that is pretty good for a tank.

CowFu

12-31-2009

side note, if your the primary tank i wouldnt take the soulstealer, if i was the secondary i'm all over it

also frozen heart is the most beautiful item in the world for malphite, cd reduction/mana/armor = kool-aid man win

WhiteMantisX

01-01-2010

@ Ivandir

When i play against low level players in public games I also had stats like 24-0-8...with Janna
We are talking about different things. If you want to know if it is possible to rock'n'roll with AP Malphite, then my answer is yes, of course. You can dominate with every character in every build.

If you want to know if AP Malphite is succesful against a good enemy team in an arranged game, then i have to disappoint you. AP Malphite is completely worthless. It's nothing more than a fun build which cannot compete with tank builds.

Especially because the order you buy the items and the price of the items are crazy
Rushing Guardian Angel is nice, but where do you take the money from? You go fast Ninja Tabi, which is a good start, but Guardian costs a bit, are you last hitting minion until you hit the 2600gold?
Who lets you do that? Only beginners will let you.
Where do you get the mana from? I dont see mana items on the way to Guardians...
Then after Guardians you get Leviathan and then Soul Stealer...wow, long game, huh?
You write that by minute 30-40 you ALREADY have around 10 stacks.
What if I tell you, that by this time many games with good players are already over?

So I think you should use this build as a fun build for practice games or so, but i wouldn't recommend anyone to play malphite that way if he seriously need a win

Mantis

banduan

01-01-2010

cheap malphite item build goes
heart of gold
heart of gold
treads
heart of gold
heart of gold
legion

onex1

01-01-2010

You're not playing a tank correctly if you get an ap item....not to even mention a snowball ap item.

And Guardian Angel is kind of bad for tanks because while you revive, they're going to switch targets to your glass cannon dps teammates.

So it's better to not die at all, and its a lot better to get something else besides soulstealer

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2010

is this one of those "fail" posts where people put up a bad build and everybody laughs about it?

bobthegood

01-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bait View Post
is this one of those "fail" posts where people put up a bad build and everybody laughs about it?
You are correct sir!