Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Cheapest Malphite build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ivandir

12-29-2009

In this order.

Ninja Tabi
Guardian Angel
Leviathan
Mejai's
Giant's Belt (If the game still goes)

Is the most overpowered build for Malphite so far I have seen. By 30-40 minutes into the game I already have 10 stacks on each snowball item and Guardian Angel helps tremendously to maintain the stacks. By lvl 13 my ultimate and seismic shard do 30% more dmg.

At full stack Mejai's which I have gotten before you you can do +200 dmg to seismic shard and ultimate.

sdjaks

12-29-2009

Multiple snowball items on the tank who should ALWAYS be ahead of the team = nono.

Granted, this is more expensive, but try Philos/Chalice if you need MR, Tabi, Glacial Shroud, Soul Shroud. You don't do more damage with your skills but you cap CDR and improve uptime on your seismic shard speed boost.

Ivandir

12-29-2009

Let me just say that Guardian Angel is the best item for a tank. Hence the two snowball items.

As a tank you want to sacrifice yourself for the greater good of the 4 other team members. What better way to do it when you can rebirth again to pound some faces after your carries have gotten them at 10% hp.

sdjaks

12-29-2009

Malphite's farming is poor without cooldown reduction or mana regen (for more ground slams) - it seems like if anything you would want to rush Leviathan (more opportunities for stacks) and then go Guardian Angel. I still don't see why you would want to build any AP on him, his AP ratios aren't bad but literally only one of your normal skills benefits and your ult isn't there for the damage anyway.

FABIOForever

12-29-2009

If you're only reaching 10 stacks by the end of the game then the snowball items aren't really worth it.

AIM7Sparrow

12-29-2009

Mejai's soulstealer on malphite is a complete failure to me...you have no reason to get a soulstealer (or any other snowball item for that matter) on a character whos job is essentially to lead the charge into 5 enemies with the full intent of dieing.

HereticalCrab

12-29-2009

you should at the very least be getting thornmail on him, of course this is dependant on whether the other team has physical dpsers vs casters but most teams have at least two physical dpsers.

Ivandir

12-29-2009

You guys don't realize that by lvl 13 the snowball items will match your assists given that you initiate the fights with carries behind you which you should as a tank. By the time you reach 10-13 stacks on both items usually Mejai's lags 4 stacks behind Leviathan you are doing

300+120 spell dmg on Unstoppable force.
350 spell dmg on Ground slam
Total of 770 spell damage on team initiation.

300+120 dmg on Seismic shard for ranged carries helps gather more assists or kills.

Without a guardian angel though your assists mean nothing because you will be losing the stacks every time you die.

Ivandir

12-29-2009

I also forgot to mention that in most teamfights when you initiate with Unstopable force and use ground slam if you die and guardian angel rebirths you, by the time you come back (Roughly 8 seconds) you can use another ground slam right away. This could also be followed with a seismic shard for whoever is left over for a chase.

WhiteMantisX

12-29-2009

you are right, this guide is very very cheap

I think stacking AP on Malphite is suck suck But it might work on low ELO public matches.

I prefer CDR items + armor + mana...you are more useful with malphite if you use his ulti as often as possible, followed by groundslam to reduce enemy dps...then shard and then run out.
If you think you have a decent chance against decent players with AP malphite...good luck!

Mantis