Ashe by StrifeJester just how I roll

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

streifon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-29-2009

I have been playing Ashe since I got the game about a week and a half ago so I am by no means an expert yet but so far this is what I have found to work well. A lot of what I read seems to try to make Ashe a support character that can't really kill just freeze and let everyone else beat on them. One thing I have been working on is changing this and so far I have had success.

Let's start with the run build out. We all know Ashe has no health and thats ok later on you will build it with some great items so when it comes to my Runes I have everything loaded with attack speed. Its nice starting a match with over a 1 for attacks per second. Simple yet effective you could possible trade this for crit chance/damage but i have found the items i use give me all of the crit I need.

Next we look at masteries. So far I am still building it out because I am only level 10 as of writing this. I am doing everything crit and attack related with the rest in utility so far. I know Ashe burns through mana but the way i am building I rely more on my auto attack.

Ok items are the fun part. The first item I buy is the dagger. This builds to Phantom Dancer which is the first thing I go for. I usually don't go back until around level 6 which is enough to get me Zeal and another Dagger. Then depending on how things go I either wait and get Phantom Dancer or will pick up the cloak if I reason to head back to base.

Now after Phantom Dancer is built I start working to get Malady. The slight life steal can be great for saving a trip back to heal and just creep killing for a bit. I have been experimenting with starting to go after Bloodthirster next. This will further increase the life steal and also add to attack but BF is expensive.

Next I either get Black Cleaver or Frozen Mallet. If its going to be a long game I go for the FM because next I will get Atma's Impaler. If its close to ending or we need some good ganks to recover I will get BC. This build will normally land me with every other shot critting, and my damager gets to be well over 400 for crit especially after the BC and the armor is reduced. It makes what I think is a great chasing build and so far if you are patient it works well.

As far as building the abilities goes I get Volley first, then Frost Arrow. Then I max out Volley until I can get Enchanted, then keep doing frost arrow until next Enchanted level. Leaving the gold for last since its not that good in my opinion.

I am sure there are a lot of people who disagree and thats cool but please I just that no one posts anything negative, maybe there are other people who play like I do and will find this build helpful to them with Ashe. I am sure that I will change things slightly here or there and I will post them here for people to see.

So as a recap here are the items in order again with the totals afterwards.
Phantom Dancer
Malady
Black Cleaver
Atma's Impaler

If my math is right you are now looking at:
20% Dodge
12% Movement
15% Life Steal
85% Attack Speed
75 Damage
Armor Reducing Hits
50 Armor
Malady Bonus
48% Crit
2% of health as damage from Atma's

Again, this may not be perfect but it works well for my play style and i normally get about 7-10 assists and 7-10 kills also. I hope this helps someone and I am open to suggestions but please be decent with your criticisms.

jewdas

12-29-2009

You best be trolling.

Changwanginit

12-29-2009

You should have some kind of boots in your build also which would help you chase down enemies or run away. I usually go berserker for more attack speed if not then i go for the level 3 running boots. I also feel that buying atmas should be reconsidered due to the low health that ashe has. I would replace it with an infinity edge instead for damage and max crit amount. just a few pointers

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

12-29-2009

Malady is really only worthwhile if you've got rediculous attack speed. With this build, you're not really set up to attack fast enough to pull any benefit from the Malady Stacks or any appreciable lifesteal.

Also, Frozen Mallet really isn't a worthwhile item for Ashe since she already has her Frost Shot, which makes the passive worthless.

And Atma's Impaler is really only good for Champions that have a decent health pool to take advantage of the damage bonus. In order to use it here, you'd have to build her like a psuedo tank with a Warmogs + more HP.

Your build has decent physical defence, but without Magic Resistance and without Boots as Chang pointed out, you're also pretty vulnerable to disables and magic damage.

Krath4

12-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewdas View Post
You best be trolling.
This.

ApostlePeter

12-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by streifon View Post
I have been playing Ashe since I got the game about a week and a half ago
Stopped reading after that.

Benoit

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-29-2009

Wow, and I thought [Guide] Femme Fatale: Ashe the Frost Archer was impossible to beat in term of terrible advise.

Seriously, don't post a build if you've been playing for less than a month. Also, don't post build if you're playing in a noob bracket against bad people. Eveything works there.

Indecent

12-29-2009

Don't worry dude just keep playing.

RyuuKitten

12-29-2009

This is pretty bad.

Klazzix

12-29-2009

Just ignore all the negative comments, if it works for you then great man. Not a bad item build in my opinion so yeah don't worry about it.