Guide to Push-Fest Janna

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gaeb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by sAviOrZelda View Post
seriously? trying to correct my amounts? i said 'like 30' indicating i didnt know the exact amount but it was around that number..which it was..

level 1: 100/24
level 2: 150/30 (omg numbers i said)
Sheesh, pipe down. Trying to correct the idea that it's either amazing or spammable - ranks 1&2 are quite nice, ranks 3-5 start getting costly. It's great for a number of things, but it's not something you can keep on all the time or spam repeatedly.

Quote:
people think that killing creeps fast is really good, its a lot better to use EotS to harass them and keep them away from the creep fights, only really last hitting, keeping them away from the gold and exp > pushing creeps to towers

build up a small level / gold advantage (the pint of harassing) then push tower easily
Actually I like Q because it lets me hold off 2-3 people at a time from whatever tower I'm defending. Until they hit 14 or so, no one is willing to tank a tower, and if the creep wave is dead before it reaches said tower and Janna is under the tower the entire time, there's not a lot they can do. (ed: Knocking their team down by large amounts of hp by mistake while doing this is pretty funny and leads to ganks)

Quote:
big waves of creeps at towers are only really good early if 1) you can do good dps to tower to make the creep tanks worth something(not something a q janna can do, this is more of sivirs area) or 2) you can mass heal them and keep them alive..(again, not jannas strong suit..more alisters game)
Well, Janna does typically get at least one rank of E early on and the +24 damage is always nice while hitting a tower. Funny story, played solo lane against an Ali a few games ago (both sides had junglers) and it was not even close as far as pushing - his heal wasn't strong enough to handle the tornadoes, so he was pushed back to his tower at my whim.

Q is a fantastic, fantastic ability in the right hands.

PomPom

01-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critical Error View Post
You might be tempted to aim it to harass enemies, but dont. Targetting enemies is wrong for a few reasons. First, this spell is relatively easy to dodge. .
there are like 99% of the players who don't dodge the tornado.

It's like :"Hey what's that 4 sec chargin' hit in the line skill?" "Dunno, but maybe if we stand still it'll go away"

: /

PosPosPos

01-05-2010

E is your ally-targetable life-saver. If you find it useless enough that you only choose to pump it at the end, you are not using it right. Maxing this out early frustrates opponents because they need 2-3 normal skills to deal 400(if you pump AP) damage at this point.

I assume "AP" = Ability Power in this case, and let me tell you, not pumping AP means your spells are used purely for the utility. Janna lags behind heroes like Soraka in terms of pure measurable support, not speccing into AP means all your spells are at most an annoyance rather than a real threat. When HG is on recharge, it means you are useless except to snare. Not to mention, you farm creeps much slower

I get around 200-400 AP during end game, one offensive spell does close to 300-500, EotS blocks ~500 damage, and her ultimate heals so much that the opposing team has trouble killing something even when they focus fire.

Unestimating the progression in Janna's spell power with AP is probably the worse thing a support Janna user can do.

Xyirx

01-05-2010

Janna has a good start in harassing people in early game with Howling Gale and Zephyr; however, they become weak as game progresses. Not to mention the speed of HG which can be dodged fairly easy.

By getting up to 200-400 AP, you probably need Mejai or Zhonya's to do the work though, and I think she couldn't do extremely well in wiping all the champions with her 2 offensive spells to get snowball fx or to farm that much money quickly and buy expensive stuff like Zhonya's.

PosPosPos

01-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyirx View Post
Janna has a good start in harassing people in early game with Howling Gale and Zephyr; however, they become weak as game progresses. Not to mention the speed of HG which can be dodged fairly easy.

By getting up to 200-400 AP, you probably need Mejai or Zhonya's to do the work though, and I think she couldn't do extremely well in wiping all the champions with her 2 offensive spells to get snowball fx or to farm that much money quickly and buy expensive stuff like Zhonya's.
Just get Archangel's. It already bumps you up close to 200. I run AP runes, so that helps too.